That one song that pumps you up

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
What is the song that just always seems to get you pumped up, or one that you listen to in order to get pumped up?

Mine would be Hostage to Heaven by Grip Inc, with Future Breed Machine by Meshuggah a close second.

A whole bunch of Meshuggah songs...

Future Breed Machine
New Millenium Cyanide Christ (the part at 3:20 kills me)
The Mouth Licking What You've Bled
Suffer in Truth
Sickening

Fear Factory - Concreto
It's on the Dog Day Sunrise single, an amazing upbeat fast drumming song that freaks me out.

hmmm
The Dividing Line by Dark Tranquillity
Serenity Painted Death by our good ol' Opeth
Zero Tolerance by Death
Dead Heart In A Dead World by Nevermore
This Mortal Coil by Carcass

those were the first ones which came to mind...

Although I'd like to go with a classic response and give it to Slayer's "Angel of Death", "Stain of Mind" from the Diabolus in Musica album probably wins the grand prize on this one. That last chorus was Tom Araya's most aggressive vocal ever. It makes me want to smash things into bits and then those things that had already been smashed, into smaller bits.

"Refuse/Resist" by Sepultura is up there for sure, as is Testament's "D.N.R.", most of SYL's City album, System of a Down's "Know", Hypocrisy's "Apocalyptic Hybrid", and good 'ol Serenity Painted Death deserves a mention as well. You all know what part of that song I'm talking about...

As far as Opeth goes: Serenity Painted Death, Demon of the Fall, Advent, and The Leper Affinity.

Other bands: Iced Earth's Burnt Offerings and Dante's Inferno, Megadeth's Wake Up Dead, Holy Wars, and Black Friday, and Slayer's Raining Blood and Necrophiliac.

Yeah, I know, mostly old 80's has-beens but in terms of pumping me up that's what does it.

www.mp3.com/soulforlorn

Pretty much every song on At the Gates' Slaughter of the Soul makes me want to go on a destructive rampage. To me, nothing is more rousing and aggressive than ATG!

Honorable mention:

Nile -- Barra Edinazzu
Sepultura -- Refuse Resist ("Chaos AD, tanks on the street!")
In Flames -- Ordinary Story
Fear Factory -- Martyr
Opeth -- Blackwater Park

Some upbeat Rush song...too many to list. While I like thrash/death metal, which no doubt contain more sheer energy by sound level standards, Rush has always had that something for me.

I agree, Martyr by FF is great. Their best song, no contest.

Not many Opeth songs seem to be cited, but Bleak is certainly one for me.

Others include Same Eyes by Angel Dust, Everytime I Die by Children of Bodom (even though I generally do not like the band), Lines in the Sand by Dream Theater, To Mega Therion by Therion, Holy Thunderforce by Rhapsody, Kinescope by Jacobs Dream, Devastation by Savatage, The Eyes of Medusa by Symphony X, and others...

Death's cover of Painkiller -People have actually complained about me going 70 down my street while headbanging to this at full blast!

Opeth-Serenity...
Sinister- Fake Redemption
Slayer-Jesus Saves
Dan Swano- The Big Sleep
Emperor- Night of the Graveless Souls
Mayhem- Necrolust and Thorns on Which you lie
Krieg- A walk among the Stars
Clandestine Blaze-There's Nothing...
Death- Pull the Plug
Anything by Testament, save "The Ritual"
Morbid Angel- God of Emptiness

Slayer - Reign In Blood (the whole album)
Dissection - Night´s Blood
Vader - Wings
The Crown - The Devil And The Darkness
Deicide - When Satan Rules His World
Morbid Angel - Dawn Of The Angry
Machine Head - A Nation On Fire
Strapping Young Lad - All Hail The New Flesh
Slayer - Sex Murder Art
Pantera - Mouth For War
At The Gates - Suicide Nation
The Crown - Total Satan
The Haunted - Revelation
Testament - COTLOD

Theres the whole Reign In Blood like someone said. Especially Raining Blood.
Theres Sadus, the whole Vision of Misery album, one of the greatest thrash record ever. The voice of the guy is so agressive.
Deicide - Lunatic of God's Creation
There are others but I cant really think too well right now
:p