That tournament in Germany

Don't know if it was here or what but I got the France Portugal result correct and also predicted it would come from a penalty too!

I think the final is gonna be a dour affair with a single goal settling it.

France 1 Italy 0

Zidane signs off on a glorious career as a World Champion for the 2nd time.

Hopefully it will be Italy's 4th World cup win
Lifting the trophy would pump an ounce of dignity back into Italian soccer.

saboona said:
Hopefully it will be Italy's 4th World cup win
Lifting the trophy would pump an ounce of dignity back into Italian soccer.

I think the whole scandal and also attempted suicide of Pessotto has reinforced the team's unity and spirit.

24 matches undefeated now for Lippi.

Praying for an open attacking final.

i thought the treatment ronaldo was getting was shocking last night, by both by the sour england fans and the bbc. he was clearly the best player on the park and in fact the biggest cheat on the pitch in my eyes is thierry henry for his antics. Alan shearer is a disgrace, i used to have a lot of respect for him but he talks a lot of shit. Firstly for saying that ronney should get one back on ronaldo back at man u and secondly for whining and saying how it was a travesty that they managed to beat england, yes portugal are not the best team in the world but they managed to beat england and holland who are good teams. England had plenty time to put out portugal. They didnt so lets forget about it Also motson, when cravalho got booked going on about the rooney incident. Carvalho hardly incited rooney to stamp on his balls, but they were moaning as if it was his fault that the wee ned got sent off. France won the match but in the aftermath discussion all the pundits could talk and moan about portugal. The covergage in general has been shit i feel throuout but last night for me took the biscuit.

sorry fir ranting but i was so angry. Anyway i hope italy winn in the final theyve been more exciting to watch

yeah and your rant would have nothing to do with your bitterness towards england eh :)

cos i bet that game was rammed with bitter england fans right?

people boo ronaldo cos he dives, last nights game was hilarious, it was like guess which portugese player is going to dive first as a ball gets crossed, i thought the beens 'highlights' were so funny, balls rolling past players .....portugese players falling overas it rolls by ! awesome skills.

and i totally agree henry should be lambasted for clutching his face a few games back, i mean rivaldo STILL gts slated, henrys is forgotton already. dont make sense.

Great game. Could have gone either way; Italy was the better team in the first half and could have had a few goals off the corner kicks, while France was the better team in the second half (though were lucky the linesman caught the offside and called back Toni's header). The penalty call in the 7th minute was a pretty soft call, but it offset the call that could have been made in the 2nd half but wasn't. Zidane's headbutt was a disgraceful way to end a career...what the hell was he thinking?

It's too bad the game has to end with a coin flip (ie. shoot out) instead of playing real soccer, but Italy makes up for the ghosts of the past (having lost on penalties in 1990, 1994 in the final, 1998 against France, (not to mention losing on a Golden Goal in 2002), and hits 5 out of 5. Viva Azzuri!

yeah fuck knows what the italian dude said to him "you're not a very good footballer "......probably :)

crazy moves by zidane tho, not the way to rememeber zz, crap headbutt tho........who nuts like that? in the tits?

Check this out: http://tonaz.altervista.org/zidane.html

(it's family and work friendly BTW)

Personally, despite the fact he had a few very good games, I don't think Zidane should have received the Golden Ball award because of the disgraceful way he acted in the final (not too mention he'd already missed one game due to suspension for 2 yeallow cards in the first round)...doesn't exactly fit the "FIFA Fair Play" that they claim to aspire to.

Those goalies jocks are sitll on the field from the penalty kicks yesterday!!! Neither one cam close to stopping a shot - the Italians can thank the crossbar.

Zizou - what were you thinking? You're team was dominating and you disgrace yourself with a moment of madness. Idiot!

Congrats to the Azzuri - the cutting of Camronesi's hair post game celebration was hilarious :)

That's not just football either. Most hockey teams have some sort of "agitator" or "pest" who's primary role is to piss the other team off, get under their skin, and either throw off their game, or get them to take dumb penalties. Players like Esa Tikkanen and Theo Fleury made this an art. The smart players don't retaliate.

:lol:

Unfortunately, that's every team these days, from Italy to Brazil to Ghana (hell, France's goal was a perfect example). I'd love to see these guys try to play hockey.

I seriously think if Canada learned how to dive and "act" better, they'd have a better shot at making the World Cup. Through all the qualifying matches, I watched Canada play an honest game, only to get robbed by some pretty corrupt officiating that fell for blatant acting. FIFA claimed it was going to clean this nonsense up, but judging by the record number of yellow and red cards in this world cup, the referees are only getting suckered more.