That tournament in Germany

well i thought the aussies were proper robbed......admitedly they didnt play that well really, didnt seem like they wanted to attack too much, but the italians defended for most of the game too, and you could say their sending off was pretty harsh and spoilt the second half totally...... but the penalty was never a penalty, the guy had fucked his move and hitthe ball too long, so just bundled neill on the floor to make it look more like a pen, "diving 1 football 0" ......really shit way to go out of the cup for oz as it was the last kick of the game.......

totti did take a helluva penalty tho, smacked it one

Congrats to Italy. Goals win you games. We didn't do enough. Proud though :)

yeah oz did well ....cant see why they wont will be back in africa in 4 years time

tonights spain france game best be good .....this second round has been shoddy so far

What a beatiful first half!!! I was kinda pro-spanish since there is a couple of guys from Liverpool playing for Spain. But since I found out about that insult to Henry from that fat pig Aragon - forget it...
It's getting better and better, that's how you know you're getting closer to the moment of truth

Wow!!!! What a game! You gotta give it to the frenchies, you all France haters, they were good, especially tactically. Also individually I was impressed by Ribery - a nasty little fucker... Spain were great, it's just (as it seems to me) they were too sure they were gonna win, so it didn't bother them to score ASAP. All in all - the best game of the tournament. Pity, that whoever was to win today is destined to be crusified by Brazil.

nafnikufesin said:
The good news: One of France or Brazil is guaranteed to go out in the quarterfinals.

The bad news: One of France or Brazil will make the semi-finals, where they will likely get to play an underperforming England.
Interesting point of view - I haven't considered this one yet...
But I still hope that english underperforming is just a being good-enough tactic. France looked worse than them in the previous games.

So the quarterfinals:

Argentina-Germany: Should be a great game, and too close to call. When push comes to shove, I think Germany has a better defense, and you can't ignore the home field advantage. Prediction: Germany 3-2

Italy-Ukraine: My roots playing off against each other. Both have been somewhat inconsistent, but Italy is obviously the much stronger side. Predicition: Italy 2-0

England-Portugal: If Portugal was full strength, this would be a fantastic match, but between red cards and injuries, England will definately have the edge. Of course, if they keep playing as lacklustre as they have so far, Portugal could still have a chance to take them down. Prediction: England 2-1

Brazil-France: The two teams that I enjoy seeing lose the most, so this game will be bittersweet, because I will get to see one of them lose. France surprised against Spain, but even when Brazil isn't playing their best, they've still easily won so far. This will be their toughest test yet, but I still expect to see them in the final. Prediction: Brazil 2-1

My predictions.

England Portugal 0-0 - Penalties - Portugal to advance

Argentina Germany 2-1 to Maradona's men. The Germans will find it hard to contain all that attacking talent and given their defense is very suspect too.

Italy Ukraine - Italy 1-0.

Brazil France - 0-1 France ... there I said it. Shock of the tournament. Zizou in the 92nd minute with a wonder goal. Ok, I am dreaming now. Brazil 2-0.

man, i am glad i didnt make any predictions, this is the most open world cup i can remember .....anyone could win it..... i defo would have gone for germany losing that one

wonder what happend at the end of the game tho, the argies got proper annoyed about something

lokey said:
man, i am glad i didnt make any predictions, this is the most open world cup i can remember .....anyone could win it..... i defo would have gone for germany losing that one

wonder what happend at the end of the game tho, the argies got proper annoyed about something
Sore losers.

cro4eva said:
Sore losers.

I think there is more too it. Perhaps even relating to something pre-game. Not sure.

Can't believe the Argies are out.

I'm fully expecting the England-Portugal game today to be another snooze-fest. England are the most boring team around just now, which is just crazy considering the players they have.
Get Beckham binned and let Aaron Lennon run at that defence, it'll be more entertaining than Beckham doing hee-haw the whole game other than set pieces.
But I still hope Portugal fucking hammer them. :)