That tournament in Germany

nafnikufesin said:
I would just love to see France eliminated in the group stage again.

yeah....so would i, that would be awesome, apparently today was the first goal the french have scored in the world cup finals since the final game of france 98

its pretty shocking tho, their group is pretty lame really

thought the aussies played really well tho, really should have put some of their chances away, kewell especially....i defo think they will beat croatia going on those two opening games, they deserve to anyway

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
Australian team is the best discovery of this WC, period. The biggest pair of balls out of 32. Godspeed, fuckers...

Discovery? Hehehe. Well we have kinda known for a while that we are a pretty good team. On par with the US and some of the other middle of the road teams. No longer minnows so to speak. But thank you anyway.

And I see Mr Kewell's post Brazil game tirade against that CRAP ref good get him banned for the next game.

Since Canada pretty much blows at soccer/football I'm rooting for all those tools in Ontario who fly other nations flags on their cars, who do it just because everyone else is; to be a little less individualistic. I myself fly the skull & crossbones because I'm Long John Silver.

1.JPG

'Mon the Sweden!!!!!!!

strik9 said:
Since Canada pretty much blows at soccer/football I'm rooting for all those tools in Ontario who fly other nations flags on their cars, who do it just because everyone else is; to be a little less individualistic. I myself fly the skull & crossbones because I'm Long John Silver.
Dare to dream...someday, Canada will make the World Cup again (like maybe if we host it). Canada has more kids playing soccer (football) than hockey, but there is no domestic pro league for the kids to aspire to or continue to grow as players, so until that happens, we'll be watching from the sidelines.

Can you really get a skull & crossbones car flag? That would be cool!

tex said:
1.JPG

'Mon the Sweden!!!!!!!

Zlats is a dead ringer for a mate of mine - or is that the other way round???

Good game this morning - sloppy defending but a fair result really. 2-2 and the Sweden hoodoo continues for England.

nafnikufesin said:
Dare to dream...someday, Canada will make the World Cup again (like maybe if we host it). Canada has more kids playing soccer (football) than hockey, but there is no domestic pro league for the kids to aspire to or continue to grow as players, so until that happens, we'll be watching from the sidelines.

Can you really get a skull & crossbones car flag? That would be cool!
Ya hopefully Canada will get better. I've never heard that hockey/soccer stat, which totally surprises me since hockey is religion up here. In the past we've produced guys like Craig Forrest who played goal in the English Premiere (sp?) league for a number of years. So hopefully like you said with the influx of kids playing we'll make a Cup appearance someday... WITHOUT being the host nation!:lol: Anybody who flies a skull & crossbones RULES in my bookl Are they available, I would guess so. That part of my post was a joke. I've just been thinking about getting one for my car, mainly 'cause it'd rule imo!

This world cup is killing me physically.

I think I have had about 10 hours sleep total since Saturday evening.

BUT DAMMIT - its worth it :worship:

reidie said:
Cant wait for thursday night/friday morning - exams are over so its game on :kickass:

I am nervous mate. The Croats are no pushovers and will give us a very very tough game.

OMG OMG ... what an insane crazy match. Harry Kewell, thank god for you son!

3 Yellow cards to Simunic - What was the ref thinking?

Too exhausted to comment more. Roll on the Azzurri.

aliasp said:
OMG OMG ... what an insane crazy match. Harry Kewell, thank god for you son!

3 Yellow cards to Simunic - What was the ref thinking?

Too exhausted to comment more. Roll on the Azzurri.

Fantastic game, at about the 70 min mark i was getting really edgy becasue we didnt really deserve to be down. It would have been tough to exit because of a goalkeeping fuckup... I think Kalak would have been the most releaved man on the pitch when kewell finally scored.

spacebeer said:
Congratulations to Australia! Hiddink really seems to have done magic.....!

Thanks man.

Guus has turned a team of honest hard working players with the odd touch of individual brilliance into a never say die unit.

My poor heart - I need to rest :)

Kewells goal was offside so that was bullshit, but I spose with all the handballs and crap it short of made it fair in a way. Australia played pretty sloppy tho, luckily they are hungry and have the passion to win.

Congrats to Australia, but it would of been better if you beat us to go through.