That tournament in Germany

Brazil isn't invincible, but I hope they get beat in the knockout phase rather than the group phase. If they get beat in the group phase, they'll still likely advance, and will get a wake up call and be that much tougher to beat later on.

Forget Brazil.

HERE COMES ARGENTINA!!!!!!!

My God! How good do they look. Terrifying and to think they have so much talent coming off the bench too.

nafnikufesin said:
This is what I thought they were going to do 4 years ago. They were a little sluggish against Ivory Coast, but they've got firepower, and it showed today.

My mate & I said that they their worst enemies will be themselves - there is probably a huge weight of expectation on their shoulders especially with a very casual, and normal looking GOD in the crowd egging them on (Diego looked great - so nice to see the Greatest player ever looking so humble and just being a fan with his people and not in a suit like all the other protocol happy former greats).

Easily the best looking team so far. Holland will provide them with a stern test of their worth though.

Azzurri tonight. Should be good.

Then Socceroos vs Brazil tomorrow.

Man this has easily been the best cup since Italy 1990.

The world cup is like crack

Unfortunatley i wont be watching the Aus vs Brazil game, My last exam for the semester in on moday morning at 8:30 and ill need the sleep :(

reidie said:
The world cup is like crack

Unfortunatley i wont be watching the Aus vs Brazil game, My last exam for the semester in on moday morning at 8:30 and ill need the sleep :(

Good luck man. I am heading down to Federation Square with about (predicted) 10,000 other mad fans to watch the game. Gonna be a wreck on Monday - especially if we can pull off a miracle result.

aliasp said:
...Diego looked great - so nice to see the Greatest player ever looking so humble and just being a fan with his people and not in a suit like all the other protocol happy former greats...
He bartered his suit for a bag of goodies (I hope not). He looks not too healthy, but the Greatest Player he was.
Nothing comes easy to everyone except Argentina. Is this the time an american team wins in Europe? On the other hand I still remember Spain '82: Brazil, Argentina, Germany playing beautifully; Italy - 3 draws in the 1st round, barely surviving, and the next thing - The Cup went to Rome...
God forbid.

yeah the argies look amazing right now but most teams will mark them much better than s+m did, spain too look very good........who knows tho, once it gets to the knockout stage , anything can happen, just takes a freak goal or incident and everything swings round.......

yup....good game from ghana, poop from the czechs, way surprising..... and its very early doors but 1-1 and italy look like they are self destructing, rossi's elbow on mcbride was disgusting, should be out of the tournament for that

lokey said:
yup....good game from ghana, poop from the czechs, way surprising..... and its very early doors but 1-1 and italy look like they are self destructing, rossi's elbow on mcbride was disgusting, should be out of the tournament for that
I can't really comprehend how can it be happening: Czechs being so crappy to loose to Ghana, Americans being so gutless to loose the previous game, and showing so much potential in the next one... I'm watching the ABC coverage, and those morons repeatedly called the Italians a "powerhouse" - where's the power? They are not Italians, the real italians live in Bensonhurst...

The Italians sure didn'tshow what they were capable of, and could still find themselves out of the tournament if they lost to the Czechs. Subbing off Totti so early didn't make sense, unless his injury is still bothering him more than he lets on. I don't know why they aren't starting Del Piero, and I can't fathom why Inzaghi hasn't even made an appearance yet.

Even the US is still in, but they need help. This is certainly the most exciting group, as anything can happen in the third matches.

I can't believe I now have to root for Italy
:mad: I can't stand them. The refs have sucked this whole cup so far plus it doesn't help when Italy dives more than your old high school's diving team.

Argentina looks like best team so far.

I lived in Germany in 1990 when they won it all in Italy. It was fun times.

Can you believe it?!?

The USA isn't dead yet - gotta hand it to our boys for a good match today (as well as to Ghana for a stunner). Since we got two red cards, does that mean we can only start nine men on Thursday, or can we still start 11 but keep the red-carded players out of the game?

I think the USA would need to beat Ghana, and pretty soundly at that, to have a chance to advance, and what I saw of Ghana today scares me.

What a crazy night of football. Ghana showed us what they are really like... their attacking play at times was just beautiful.

That Italy vs US game was just nuts. What was Rossi thinking with that elbow. No complaints for that Red Card but I felt the first US Red was a Yellow... mind you he went in with studs showing and took out Pirlo's ankle.

Also Gatusso's goal should've counted - the Italian player wasn't offside.

Linesman got it spot on for the disallowed US goal though in the 2nd half.

Crazy game.

That whole group was just blown wide open.

12 hours to Brazil vs Australia and I am already nervous.

Well the croatia game is gonna be huge. Hopefully brazil dont rest too many players and give the Nipps a sniff of getting through to the next round.