That tournament in Germany

Forza Socceroos.

INSANE GAME. Most amazing football moment ever! :headbang:

reidie said:
i agree, amazing stuff :headbang:

I am wrecked. No sleep. Was with 1000s of other fans at Fed Square and we went apeshit when those goals went in.

aliasp said:
I am wrecked. No sleep. Was with 1000s of other fans at Fed Square and we went apeshit when those goals went in.

Yep, the one benifit of living in the west, the game starts 2 hours earlier over here, tucked in bed by 12 :)

aliasp said:
Forza Socceroos.

INSANE GAME. Most amazing football moment ever! :headbang:

Right all you footie fanatics out there, what has been THE most amazing footie moment you have experienced actually at a game?

mines in most recent times was last season when my glorious football team Dundee United were playing away to Motherwell and we went 2-0 down but pulled one back in the last min of the 1st half to make it 2-1. Then at the start of the 2nd half motherwell scored again to make it 3-1 but then we pulled another goal back 10 mins later 3-2 game on. Motherwell then scored again :Smug: 4-2 but a few mins later we got another back 4-3 then with about 10 mins to go we got the equaliser 4-4 but it doesn't end there, with about 2 mins to go we were going wild coz, yep you better believe it we scored a 5th and won the game 5-4 and i have never attended a better more exciting match in my entire life. The funny thing is, i dont normally go to away matches as it tends to cost quite a bit, but the night before i was drunk in the pub and said to my mates i would come for a change and never once regretted it.

For me... the 2005 European Final - Liverpool's 6 minute comeback against Milan from 3 nil down at half time. This past FA Cup too when Gerrards absolute belter made it 3-3 versus West Ham.

Last years Socceroos vs Uruguay WC qualifier in Sydney was special.

But last nights win takes the cake. That was just 32 years of abject misery for any local fan smashed into oblivion and beyond.

after nearly a hundred years, twas the last ever game at the dell ( about 5 years ago), last day of the premiership for that season....playing arsenal, unbelievably it was 2-2 with about 3 minutes to go, had already been a cracking game, ( i mean 2-2 against the gunners?) ...then destiny took over, a hopefull ball, a lob up....and the ball drops..... straight to le tissiers foot. the greatest player ever to wear a saints shirt, also in his last game after spending his whole career at the club, the club where he was and still is le god.........le tiss smacks it, a beautiful arc of a ball straight into the top corner from about 40 yards out, the dell exploded. le tiss was mobbed, twas like scenes out of 'escape to victory' :)

no one could have hit that ball like that, no one else deserved it. out of all the games i have been to,easily the most magical moment, it was destined to happen !................ tho beating wimbledon at the dell , again on the last day of the season, to take go above wimbledon on goal difference and the dons to drop instead of us was a very special day too. can remember virtually the whole stadium with kazooos on full blow banging out the great escape :)

twill be a while before we (saints) have another day to remember like them.......maybe when we come back up this year :) hahahahahahahahaha.....oh.

lokey said:
after nearly a hundred years, twas the last ever game at the dell ( about 5 years ago), last day of the premiership for that season....playing arsenal, unbelievably it was 2-2 with about 3 minutes to go, had already been a cracking game, ( i mean 2-2 against the gunners?) ...then destiny took over, a hopefull ball, a lob up....and the ball drops..... straight to le tissiers foot. the greatest player ever to wear a saints shirt, also in his last game after spending his whole career at the club, the club where he was and still is le god.........le tiss smacks it, a beautiful arc of a ball straight into the top corner from about 40 yards out, the dell exploded. le tiss was mobbed, twas like scenes out of 'escape to victory' :)

no one could have hit that ball like that, no one else deserved it. out of all the games i have been to,easily the most magical moment, it was destined to happen !................ tho beating wimbledon at the dell , again on the last day of the season, to take go above wimbledon on goal difference and the dons to drop instead of us was a very special day too. can remember virtually the whole stadium with kazooos on full blow banging out the great escape :)

twill be a while before we (saints) have another day to remember like them.......maybe when we come back up this year :) hahahahahahahahaha.....oh.

Le Tiss what a player, was he not voted the best ever player to not be capped by england?

ghost_of_war said:
Le Tiss what a player, was he not voted the best ever player to not be capped by england?

He was an absolute gun. Loved that guy.

How En-ger-land could use his creative brain in this tournament.

you'll get no arguments from me, le god is beyond legend in southampton, always will be.......he did play for england tho, only got a handful of games but never scored....the managers, esp hoddle could never seem to get past his other nickname....fat matt

found this little summary, even mentions the arsenal game i was talking about, told ya it was a special game ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Le_Tissier

lokey said:
you'll get no arguments from me, le god is beyond legend in southampton, always will be.......he did play for england tho, only got a handful of games but never scored....the managers, esp hoddle could never seem to get past his other nickname....fat matt

found this little summary, even mentions the arsenal game i was talking about, told ya it was a special game ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Le_Tissier

I loved the fact he told ManYoo to shove it and preferred to stay happily at the Dell. He was from one of the smaller islands off the British Coast right?

Brazil didn´t impress me at all last night. And I think we (Sweden) are overrated too, doubt we´ll reach the quarterfinals. My dark horses are the Czechs, South Korea and Switzerland.

Arg_Hamster said:
Brazil didn´t impress me at all last night. And I think we (Sweden) are overrated too, doubt we´ll reach the quarterfinals. My dark horses are the Czechs, South Korea and Switzerland.

Dunno Arg. Zlats and Henrik still look fukn awesome! I think you will do England!

aliasp said:
Dunno Arg. Zlats and Henrik still look fukn awesome! I think you will do England!

Dont be a dick all your life!

peter%20crouch.JPG

Do the Crouchy!