That tournament in Germany

Well, it's already 9th. I wish I wouldn't see any dirty arbitrating, otherwise - let the best win. Out of all WC's I watched, only the result of '82 seemed to me unfair. This time, to me personally, - if it's not England, let it be Germany, Sweden, Czechia, Spain, Poland, Croatia... - but not Italy, lousy diving bastards. And I sincerely wish that one of the african teams gets a medal.
We gonna have us some fun!.. I'll be doing a glass of vodka for every english goal, and I'll better be wasted.

Mickenglanduk said:
You Scottish folk just don't like us English :p

not at all man. its more the media hype that we would be bombarded with for the next 40 years, not so much the actual team. If the hype was less then i would probably support them as they are players who i enjoy watching week in week out

also im just bitter cos scotland are shite!

Mickenglanduk said:
You Scottish folk just don't like us English :p

"I hate being Scottish. We're the lowest of the fucking low, the scum of the earth, the most wretched, servile, miserable, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English, but I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. We can't even pick a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete arseholes."

Ach we love you really, good luck (but not to much) with the WC. This year i will be mostly supporting the Czechs for giving the world Staropramen:kickass:

Germany off to a flyer ... best opening game I have ever seen at a World Cup - coz it had 6 goals!!!!!!!!!!

German defense looks so suspect though.

Stormwatch said:
Is anyone else supporting Paraguay today? :)

I keep saying i want England to do well but when i comes down to it i think i'll be a Paraguay fanatic for 90 mins. Apologies to MickEnglandUk and the rest of my English buddies :heh:

P.S. i've got England on to win 3-0 at the bookies.

Jockthrax said:
Hi Ghost,
Yeah i've been keeping a low profile, the weddings in 4 weeks and im working like a bastard... Have you done your marathon yet?

hey never knew you were getting married congrats man, aint gonna be doing the marathon as i fucked my knee up last week and it is in a couple of weeks but will hopefully get in another race

Stormwatch said:
Is anyone else supporting Paraguay today? :)

Me!

God ... England ... how shite!

Their best team since God knows when and as usual they play hoof ball up to Crouch. Pathetic... only Joe Cole looked threatening.

God even Australia play better short passing football ... and we are a slightly above average team at best!

Now the FA have gone an appointed the saviour in McLaren. Nothings gonna change.

A Scolari or Hiddink would've turned England into SERIOUS World Cup Favourites for 2010.

I watched the Sweden vs T&T game... man for nil all draw talk about nail biting stuff - especially that last 5 mins! Hislop was immense in goals.

yup how a typical england game no doubt, just like watching southampton as always, the result was the most important thing, but yeah crap/frustrating game to watch............always gonna be tho when you have owen hargreaves on the pitch, why does eriksson like that dude so much? he's gotta be out there just cos he knows his way round germany surely, show the players where the good pubs are......

wish the ivory coast could have snuck a draw, cool game tho..........holland up in a bit , hope the dutch do well.......

just watched holland vs S&M and sort of reminded me of the england game in that holland pissed all over S&M in the 1st hlaf but were quite lucky to hang on in the 2nd, anyways i won money on it and have bet on mexico to beat iran, cmon mexico

Van Basten has the Dutch playing very methodical, disciplined football. Not Total Football but more akin to something he must've picked up when he was in Serie A.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!

If we play well we should give the japs a run for their money, hopefully we dont get carded out of the game

ghost_of_war said:
hey never knew you were getting married congrats man, aint gonna be doing the marathon as i fucked my knee up last week and it is in a couple of weeks but will hopefully get in another race

Cheers buddy, thats crappy news with your knee but at least you can go to the pub and watch the football without having to drink Lucosade shandies :)

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
Go, Australia!!!! That's the spirit!!! That's how you supposed to play - till the last second!!!

Couldnt agree more, what a feckin comeback.
Well done Australia, you bunch of crazy VB drinking upside down bastards :headbang: