That tournament in Germany

cro4eva said:
Kewells goal was offside so that was bullshit, but I spose with all the handballs and crap it short of made it fair in a way. Australia played pretty sloppy tho, luckily they are hungry and have the passion to win.

Congrats to Australia, but it would of been better if you beat us to go through.

lol just like brazil hey when ref blew the whistle out a minute from full time!!!,even with all the cheating we have dealt weith so far we are still getting thru,thats why i hate soccer so much,australia is looked down on and they try and look after the world cup favourites,go the aussie pride!!!!

mrthrax said:
lol just like brazil hey when ref blew the whistle out a minute from full time!!!,even with all the cheating we have dealt weith so far we are still getting thru,thats why i hate soccer so much,australia is looked down on and they try and look after the world cup favourites,go the aussie pride!!!!

Haha! What? :loco:

cro4eva said:
Kewells goal was offside so that was bullshit, but I spose with all the handballs and crap it short of made it fair in a way. Australia played pretty sloppy tho, luckily they are hungry and have the passion to win.

Congrats to Australia, but it would of been better if you beat us to go through.

Yer we defended pretty bad - Kalac had a shocker... mind you the Croatians seem content to score then sit deep and defend. We did dominate possession and had the overall more play and chances... but the ref had a shocker really.

Bad luck man - good luck for the Euro's.

I have a lot of Croat friends who live here in Australia who feel very torn at the moment.

aliasp said:
Yer we defended pretty bad - Kalac had a shocker... mind you the Croatians seem content to score then sit deep and defend. We did dominate possession and had the overall more play and chances... but the ref had a shocker really.

Bad luck man - good luck for the Euro's.

I have a lot of Croat friends who live here in Australia who feel very torn at the moment.
Well I feel torn but I am happy that Australia went through, I would of prefered Croatia since I was born there. But Australia deserved to go throught and were the better team the whole tournament before the two teams meet.

I knew Croatia would lose when they scored the goal to early and would start defending a 1 goal lead :loco:. I still think Australia will go through to the Semis they got alot of heart and spirit its good to see. Never have a seen a team so strong for Australia with so much hunger.

cro4eva said:
Well I feel torn but I am happy that Australia went through, I would of prefered Croatia since I was born there. But Australia deserved to go throught and were the better team the whole tournament before the two teams meet.

I knew Croatia would lose when they scored the goal to early and would start defending a 1 goal lead :loco:. I still think Australia will go through to the Semis they got alot of heart and spirit its good to see. Never have a seen a team so strong for Australia with so much hunger.

Thanks man. There are massive ties between our two countries as players on both sides had Croatian/Australian history. Would be good if we could organise a regular annual tournament between the two countries.

As for us making the Semi's - I don't doubt our fight or spirit but rather Class does usually prevail. Italy will be very very very tough.

aliasp said:
Thanks man. There are massive ties between our two countries as players on both sides had Croatian/Australian history. Would be good if we could organise a regular annual tournament between the two countries.
Yeah I know, I am from Australia. Sydney infact where there is a huge population of Croatians, I just saw it dosent show where Im from in here. Croatia and Australia were meant to have a friendly in Sydney but becuase they ended up in the same group this didn't happen.

nafnikufesin said:
Even if Nesta is injured, they've got a tough defense to crack. Hell, the only goal they've allowed so far in the world cup, they scored on themselves.

Also they have a massive unbeaten run... mind you several players could get charged with the whole match fixing scandal in Serie A at the moment. Couldn't have come at a worse time for the National squad.

breaklegth65u7j76j.jpg

Hey thats Djibril Cisse who plays for Liverpool and France. He has done that twice now - did it a year ago to his other leg. Horrible.

Kewell's goal for Australia against Croatia was dedicated to Cisse (they are very good friends at club level).

Get better soon Djibril

I seriously don't know what to expect from this game. We have conceded goals every game - always having to come from behind (bar Brazil where we didn't score at all).

Italy will be the masters at scoring early and shutting up shop so to speak. Gonna be damn hard but then again we are heroes regardless of the result - Italy on the other hand, well anything other than bringing the trophy home will be a failure - given also the massive scandal back home with clubs and players in the match fixing scandal - Nesta's injury - Gattuso's questionable fitness, the Hiddink ghost of 2002 with Korea, then we are in for another wild ride I think!

In two hours from now England will continue its glorious march to the finals. Watch it or, at least, record it. I predict 2:0, one of them with a Gerrard's magnificent strike.
Germany looked great yesterday, just great. I especially liked Ballok's attitude, he hit on target more times in yesterday's game than whole US team in three games...
Portugal and Holland - also something to watch...
It's getting more'n'more interesting...

"Hey thats Djibril Cisse who plays for Liverpool and France. He has done that twice now - did it a year ago to his other leg. Horrible."

I'm sure that his absense is a key to the dull french performance. Not that I care... I hope he'll get well to the new Premier League season. Kewell is one of most unpredictable motherfuckers in the business... and a really good friend, as it shows.

4 players sent off! Holy cow!

As for England - very unconvincing yet again. Such talented individuals yet so shite as a team.

yup been the story of england for decades now tho............ such talented players, but just cant play together , yesterdays game was miserable, the first esp dire .....i dont think there was one decent shot on goal.....what the fuck is up with lamps in this tournament??!?! i so want to see england turn it on, but it aint gonna happen this time out......not with sven in charge, or mclaren taking over, too limp wristed to make the decisions that need to be made

even with 3 or 4 major players missing for portugal in the next game i can't see how we will get past them, if ecudor could shoot ....we'd be out already........bloody scolari, why is it this dude every year?

good luck aussies for todays game, but can only see it going to italy......as with england, hope i am wrong.

aliasp said:
4 players sent off! Holy cow!

As for England - very unconvincing yet again. Such talented individuals yet so shite as a team.
But with Portugal 3 starters down for the next match (assuming Ronaldo's injury keeps him out), England is going to back their way into the semi-final. Of course, by that point, they'll be up against Brazil or Spain, and judging how they've played so far, their WC run should end there.

I wasn't able to watch this mornings game, I've only been following the matchcast, but I'm sure the Aussies here will have lots to say. Was the penalty call valid?