The 8th Ayreon singer Jonas Renkse?

Shaping up to be a very excellent lineup for this new album. I hope it goes back to the SciFi/Fantasy theme of the previous albums. I know a lot of people preferred the more realistic Human Equation, but I preferred the more imaginative nature of the other albums before it. I also thought James LaBrie kind of hurt The Human Equation.

Shaping up to be a very excellent lineup for this new album. I hope it goes back to the SciFi/Fantasy theme of the previous albums. I know a lot of people preferred the more realistic Human Equation, but I preferred the more imaginative nature of the other albums before it. I also thought James LaBrie kind of hurt The Human Equation.

When is having LaBrie on vocals a good thing? :puke:

I'm really looking forward to this disc, The Human Equation was my favorite Ayreon disc yet and the line up for the new one looks like an excellent one. :kickass:

No kidding, the line-up has me salivating to see what Arjen has everyone do. I'm very excited. This clip especially is interesting... and I definitely think it's Jonas.

I definitely think it is Jonas. I like all the singers announced so far, and just based on that, I think this will be album of the year for me.

Also, for THE, I thought LaBrie did a fantastic job on it.

When is having LaBrie on vocals a good thing? :puke:

The only albums with Labrie that I enjoy would be The Human Equation, Images and Words and Scenes From a Memory. He's usually alright, on occasion excellent, but there is a laundry list of vocalists I prefer to him.

So, it's never a 'good thing' to have Labrie on vocals, yet you enjoyed The Human Equation and two other highly-regarded DT albums? What-the-fuck-ever.....

So, it's never a 'good thing' to have Labrie on vocals, yet you enjoyed The Human Equation and two other highly-regarded DT albums? What-the-fuck-ever.....

Yeah, I enjoyed them. Would I have preferred someone else on vocals in each and every case? Yes, very much so. :Smug:

LaBrie has his moments, but he's usually bearable at best. I like those three albums but his vocals are hardly a selling point for me on any of them.

Jonas P. Renkse of Swedish band Katatonia has officially been confirmed as the eighth vocalist for the new Ayreon album!

Please have a listen at Vocalist Number Nine who was in the studio just a few days ago in our blog section! The vocalist will be announced in a few days!

The 0's and 1's remind me a piece that goes through horrible scramblings of 1,2,3 and 4 for minutes on end. That brought back some awful memories, hahahaha