The Accolade on my phone!

RequiemX

King of Ithaca
Sep 12, 2002
Sebastopol, CA
www.noahsager.com
Just letting you guys know that one of the free phones T-Mobile is giving away is the Samsung R-225m. I just got mine today to replace my old phone who met his fate in the washing machine (RIP.)

Anyways, it has a built-in ringtone composer! A really nice one! So first thing I did when I got it, was compose the keyboard solo from The Accolade as the ringtone! It rocks!

I'll see if I can get you a recording somehow.

Noah

[Edit: see post #3, where I posted a link to a recording of my ringtone.]

haha..that sounds really cool! better than mine
i used to have on part of the song as my ringtone also...
the one that is in 15/16, based on a sus2 chord.
know what i mean? its a really cool riff...
if b is the lower octave and B is one octave up it goes
b F# B F# C# A e b F# B D E C# A e
ha...i hope you can get the octaves right!

anyway it was a good tone, i still can't figure out why that phone died...

when i got a new one i opted for "norweigan wood" instead, which sounds really cool also.

Silent realm...you could always give your phone to someone who knows their notes to program something...i doubt anyone could refuse a woman as beautiful as you

You bunch of posers, good idea though.

Just don't be that bastard who sits behind you on the bus and when the mobile rings shouts 'HELLO, YEAH I'M ON THE BUS' because if I'm sitting in front you'll be going out the window, weeeeee.

If I were going to choose a ring tone it would be Accolade II, I would love to watch people try to figure out what it is because most people round here have that 'Nelly I love you, all I think about is you' bullshit on their phones.

For those with Nextels, try this, I dont know if it works with Nokia's. Download powertab program, download whatever song is available, convert it to MIDI form, and send it to the phone.

The cool thing about the composer on this Samsung, is that it works just like Finale! You don't use any cryptic key combos. You just use the up/down bottons to position the note on the correct line or space, then you press another button to choose the duration!

THAT'S AWESOME!....i have the legatto tapping part of "sea of lies" as a ringtone in my cell phone...u know...just after the main solo...IT RULES!

i dont know anyone who would do that for me.. but all this talk has got me curious as to at least try myself to make up a SyX ringtone.. so.. i will let everyone know how that goes later.. ;)

SilentRealm said:
i dont know anyone who would do that for me.. but all this talk has got me curious as to at least try myself to make up a SyX ringtone.. so.. i will let everyone know how that goes later.. ;)

There are some ringtones on the Symphony X website (downloads|misc)... currently only for Nokia and Siemens phones, don't know if it would work on others. (I KNOW they don't work on mine! :bah: ) I have a Samsung, and apparently can only download the ringtones from the Sprint PCS website - can't upload, and can't create my own. :cry:

Aaaanyway, if any of you ringtone composers want to send me your creations I'll add them to symphonyx.com.

i have a cheap erricsson :( ..and it only has 7 notes and 2 octaves :( ..chromelife was trying to make up a ringtone for me based on Inferno..but no luck.
But thanx Lisa I'll check out what the sites got anyway.

Divine, Jessie... There is a small app that converts different ring tones. It will convert Nokia key presses, RTTTL/Nokring, and Nokia Composer into either of each other. It also can save the text, whichever form out of these three, to a *.wav file, created from within from it's tone generator. It's Freeware, and it's appropriately called Ring Tone Converter. Here's where it can be found.

http://www.convertyourtone.com/

And I suggest Using Nokia as a standard, because I think it's form can be converted to both *.wav and *.mid types. With either of the two, they can be sent to most any phone if equipped with the capability to send/recieve SMS.

Divine Wings Of Tragedy said:
Jessie : i can make lots of ring tones for the site, which format should i use? midi? logomanager ring tones for nokia?

Well the ones currently on the site for Nokia & Siemens are midi files... but I am so not an expert on ringtones, so maybe you should go with Polyeidus' suggestion.

I'll take em any way you want to send em.