My thoughts on "The Accolade"...

Man.. street fighter 4 is fucking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! BUY IT NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been playing HDremix since it came out EVERYDAY!!!! And now this is going to be my fill... last night I had 50 matches and only lost to 3 faget sagets! Add me on PSN: Yousef5
I use Zangief!

Never been much into Street Fighter; I think it's the lack of fatalities. Something about ripping your opponent's spine out after defeating them just seals the deal for me. It's not really the violence, either - it's just the "finality" of the move.

Man.. street fighter 4 is fucking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! BUY IT NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been playing HDremix since it came out EVERYDAY!!!! And now this is going to be my fill... last night I had 50 matches and only lost to 3 faget sagets! Add me on PSN: Yousef5
I use Zangief!
Yes, my old roommates just got HD Remix. I can't wait to go hang there more.

I'm a fan of modern fighting games like Tekken and especially Soul Calibur, but have never played Street Fighter...

Hah!

I looked over this whole thread before bothering to look at the blog in question, and I was thinking "ehh, so he was inspired to come up with his own thing that he really likes, influenced by the accolade. whatever, we don't need to tear him apart".

Then I actually clicked the link, and found that he posted bold, italicized lyrics, in quotes, with at least one portion changed, after stating that these lyrics are FROM the SYMPHONY X song, the ACCOLADE. Failure to state that the lyrics had been modified results in a fail. (Besides the fact, I don't really like the change either; it doesn't make as much of a statement, and doesn't even flow as a proper lyric; also, there's a spelling mistake, lol)

The Accolade is an amazing song, and a great counterpart to its sequel. They are simply some of my favorite songs of all time, and I can identify with anybody who finds profound value in them. That said, modifying the lyrics and posting them as though directly quoted without pointing out the change, IS borderline blasphemy.

And by the way, what is up with "P.P.S. I rock so hard it isn't even funny..."? lol...

Then I actually clicked the link, and found that he posted bold, italicized lyrics, in quotes, with at least one portion changed, after stating that these lyrics are FROM the SYMPHONY X song, the ACCOLADE. Failure to state that the lyrics had been modified results in a fail. (Besides the fact, I don't really like the change either; it doesn't make as much of a statement, and doesn't even flow as a proper lyric; also, there's a spelling mistake, lol)

The Accolade is an amazing song, and a great counterpart to its sequel. They are simply some of my favorite songs of all time, and I can identify with anybody who finds profound value in them. That said, modifying the lyrics and posting them as though directly quoted without pointing out the change, IS borderline blasphemy.

This is all true and Im sure in poetry or any art circles, its highly frowned on to change someone words/work and claim its the authentic thing, Typically when one is having a creative moment they create something of their OWN !

:lol:

I looked over this whole thread before bothering to look at the blog in question, and I was thinking "ehh, so he was inspired to come up with his own thing that he really likes, influenced by the accolade. whatever, we don't need to tear him apart".

And by the way, what is up with "P.P.S. I rock so hard it isn't even funny..."? lol...

You couldn't freaking just let it die, we moved on to another discussion, and you couldn't leave it alone.

"P.S I rock so hard it's not funny" is a joke. I thought it was funny and so what. And about the whole bold, italicized wording, it never even crossed my mind that I should notate that the lyrics were not exact. No big deal, I can add a damn sentence. I'll do that right now.

P.P.S. I do freaking rock hard..hahahaha. :headbang:

This is all true and Im sure in poetry or any art circles, its highly frowned on to change someone words/work and claim its the authentic thing, Typically when one is having a creative moment they create something of their OWN !

:lol:

Dude, you're just a hater. I'm done responding about your blasphemy. HaHa. This is the last response I will make to this thread. Scuze me while I get on with my life.

P.P.P.S. Any one else want to get on with their lives?

Dude, you're just a hater. I'm done responding about your blasphemy. HaHa. This is the last response I will make to this thread. Scuze me while I get on with my life.

Weak, all I did was told it how it is and you did ask "I changed the lyrics, bla, bla, bla.... I hope this is OK".... well its a well known fact that it is not OK

Okay ?

And about the whole bold, italicized wording, it never even crossed my mind that I should notate that the lyrics were not exact. No big deal, I can add a damn sentence. I'll do that right now.

Fact is, you posted the lyrics in such a way that STRONGLY suggested that they were being presented as originally written, from Symphony X...not you. The fact that it didn't cross your mind that this is silly proves nothing, save for that maybe, your mind can be slippery.

I know man. The fact that this thread is open kept me from going to work, going to class, jamming with my friends, listening to The Odyssey, I couldn't even answer the phone for girls. I don't know how much its affected your life, but mine is totally on hold.

Fact is, you posted the lyrics in such a way that STRONGLY suggested that they were being presented as originally written, from Symphony X...not you. The fact that it didn't cross your mind that this is silly proves nothing, save for that maybe, your mind can be slippery.

The blog is about my personal thoughts on the song "The Accolade" and my interpretation of the lyrics therein. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. Oh yeah, i added some words to the lyrics to make it more of a poem than song lyrics.

I know man. The fact that this thread is open kept me from going to work, going to class, jamming with my friends, listening to The Odyssey, I couldn't even answer the phone for girls. I don't know how much its affected your life, but mine is totally on hold.

Excuse me while I go puke :puke:

The blog is about my personal thoughts on the song "The Accolade" and my interpretation of the lyrics therein. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. Oh yeah, i added some words to the lyrics to make it more of a poem than song lyrics.

Not what his blog said. Look again.

Excuse me while I go puke :puke:

Condolences that sarcasm is a technique that elicits nausea in you.

It did not say the lyrics were changed and was just ones personal interpretation of the changed lyrics. All fine except for the changing part. It now says the lyrics were changed, thank you very much... takes a bow and walks away.

I'd suggest you take a look, 'cause his blog indeed says they are from a band called Symphony X.

Yeah, I believe I pointed that out myself. My entire point was that his blog was misleading in that it suggested the lyrics were indeed from SX. If we're in agreement here, then I misconstrued what you said.

In any case, it was a good idea to modify the blog post to rectify this oversight.