The Accomplishments Thread

^ Good call. I'm always surprised to find that compared to pretty much everyone I know, I have excellent grammer and spelling skills. It's really not saying much, haha. I have to take my SAT's and ACT's soon. Maybe the ASVAB. It's gonna be exciting. =)

I accomplished... Nothing today. Unless you count my regular duties at work. Oh! Speaking of duties- I was summoned for Jury Duty, went, and then tried to be as big a pain in the ass as possible without actually getting myself in trouble, and ended up being the first guy dismissed by the prosecuter. Sweet.

Haha!

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-no. And only if you've actually seen/heard them. Tied with the Zelda series it is the best collection of music I've ever heard in my life.

sadvivaldiface

sadaleksiface

sadsyuface

sadledaface

I remember seeing bits of the first one a few years ago and couldn't really stand watching it cuz it dragged on forever. all they did was fight, travel, fight, travel, repeat. But ok, perhaps tonight I'll give it another shot.

shit's been really good lately, i had a lead role in a one act i performed a couple weeks ago at school, on thursday i have a choir performance and i have this big solo i sing in hebrew, and we're caroling on friday. guitar wise ive been taking jazz lessons and my theory knowledge and reading has improved, and for metal shit ive been writing a ton of cool stuff and im happy with that. i also auditioned for this play today, the need a band to play music so i auditioned for guitar, went really well :D

TRIPLE THREAT BITCHES

sadvivaldiface

Some of Vivaldi's stuff is definitely eargasmic, but as a whole I can't say that I absolutely love all/most of it.

sadaleksiface

Bodom/Alexi used to be my favorite band/guitarist by far, but for me metal music in general can never contend with well-done film scores. Of course while driving in the car or something I'll prefer to listen to metal though, but that has a lot to do with the noise level in the car, not being able to hear all the low-volume instruments in the dynamic mix of film score/classical pieces.

sadsyuface

Most tasteful lead guitarist of metal ever, but again I just can't even place metal on the same level as film score.

sadledaface

Nothing to even say here lol. He has some sick riffs and all, but it's Deluhi itself I love rather than Leda's playing/composing.

I remember seeing bits of the first one a few years ago and couldn't really stand watching it cuz it dragged on forever. all they did was fight, travel, fight, travel, repeat. But ok, perhaps tonight I'll give it another shot.

How 'bout the next thing on the list is I'll watch it with you and make you love the music so that you don't have to sit through it and feel like the movie sucks :loco:

shit's been really good lately, i had a lead role in a one act i performed a couple weeks ago at school, on thursday i have a choir performance and i have this big solo i sing in hebrew, and we're caroling on friday. guitar wise ive been taking jazz lessons and my theory knowledge and reading has improved, and for metal shit ive been writing a ton of cool stuff and im happy with that. i also auditioned for this play today, the need a band to play music so i auditioned for guitar, went really well :D

TRIPLE THREAT BITCHES

Sounds like some well-rounded pwnage. I prefer my shit lately though: Sitting around doing nothing (well, I am doing something, but... well you know what I mean). Course it is failure to be like this all the time, but every now and then it feels so necessary and awesome :cool:

Some of Vivaldi's stuff is definitely eargasmic, but as a whole I can't say that I absolutely love all/most of it.
yeah, I know what you mean on this. And although I agree that not all of his compositions are amazing, I feel that the intensity of the ones that are amazing just blows my mind. Like I've never experienced that much emotion/feeling in music before (altho some Sinergy and Bodom comes close). So just by virtue of the amount of intensity alone, I'd have to say he's my favorite composer right now. I think the best musical pieces I've heard thus far have come from his mind.

Bodom/Alexi used to be my favorite band/guitarist by far, but for me metal music in general can never contend with well-done film scores. Of course while driving in the car or something I'll prefer to listen to metal though, but that has a lot to do with the noise level in the car, not being able to hear all the low-volume instruments in the dynamic mix of film score/classical pieces.
Yeah, I think they are just on 2 different levels all together. And each somewhat serves a different purpose, so comparing them isn't all that fair. Besides, what could feel more at home than blasting some FTR in the car <3

Most tasteful lead guitarist of metal ever, but again I just can't even place metal on the same level as film score.
While watching Farewell again, I was thinking that Syu has in his fingers what Alexi once had in his Sinergy days. omgz I can't believe I just said that

Nothing to even say here lol. He has some sick riffs and all, but it's Deluhi itself I love rather than Leda's playing/composing.
haha, yeah I just had to add him cuz he's like on our top 5 list right now. It'd be an incomplete series of sadfaces without him. altho I don't actually think leda is capable of making a sad face, lol.

How 'bout the next thing on the list is I'll watch it with you and make you love the music so that you don't have to sit through it and feel like the movie sucks :loco:

Make me love the music :err:? Lol I swear you're trying to make me your twin or something. First those yama vocals and now lord of the fags...
Well if we're adding that to the list, we better get started soon. It's one hell of a list.

and lol, I just realized nothing I've written in this thread is relevant to the topic whatsoever :D

i didn't fail this semester, i got my score back 98, 95, 95 ,83 o/

1260747669705.jpg

Syu is definitely not the most tasteful guitarist in metal....im sorry...but....he's cool i guess? not a huge fan personally

lol yeah, i have winter break coming up so im ready to just pig out and sit around in my PJ's :)

Pretty much this.

Also, 99% of movie scores are boring as cuntfuck and predictive on top of that, the rest are decent.

99% of movie scores are boring as cuntfuck and predictive on top of that, the rest are decent.

99.247% of metal is stupid as hell and predictable (that's the word you're looking for) on top of that, the rest is decent. The fact that you can point out that most of it isn't amazing has nothing to do with the best of the category. This goes for everything in life.