The Guitar Thread

ok so I know alot of you play guitar. what are you all tuned to? I was playing in Eb, I think im gonna go to D so I can play along to CoB. and what size strings do you all use??? Im using 10-46

guitars

bc rich NJ virgin(flat black), stock, tuned C#, and dropped B for playing machine head; GHS boomers 12s, will replace that crappy licensed floyd with a real one and stick in EMG 81 and 85

ibanez S470(orange, i wanted a grey one but that was the only one they had) stock, tuned standard; DR 9s, ill stick in a duncan JB(br), Jazz(n), and some SC for the middle, im not sure which one yet. that new ZR trem rocks.

ibanez RG270 project, its a neck and body, thats it

cheap takamine acoustic that i never play anymore and has a broken string

amp

crate gfx65t

looking at a half stack for gigging. maybe a peavy 5150 or a randall rh100.

effects

dunlop crybaby
ibanez smash box(not enough nuts, but good for punk)
MXR smartgate

working on getting more

skills

i can play, but i cant shred. my soloing sucks too. i need to practice better and more often.

guitar i need

one that shreds for me :lol:

problems

i need to practice more.

what i dont know

A LOT

what i want to know

some theory would do me some good. how to shred:kickass:

what does my face look like when i play?

:zombie: or :loco:

guitar
ibanez rg270dx(sucks)
amp/preamp
kustom 30 w(sucks bigtime)
v-amp 2(rules!)
usually play v-amp wit headphones
skills
can play maiden stuff withouth problem
and i can play bodomsongs like bed of razors
and silent night bodom night. i can play som yngwie songs
and sweeps and am also learning dream theater stuff.
speedpicking through a scale is my weakness :)
looks like when i play
have you seen dave murray from maiden soloing? :):)

@ Stygian: Your point of view is totally wrong dude :) Im not a wealthy boy (my stuff isnt worth even poor 500$) and Im really able to do what Ive written, so dont talk bullshit...

And btw boring spider-alike excersises are the best way to gain proper skills. Belive me, try to play some fast shred then practice for 3h with simple excercises and shred the same lick once again, do you see any difference? :)

Yeah, definately. Was just meaning that alot of the Bodom licks are VERY alike to excercises anyway, or at least that's what people tell me when they first hear Bodom. Spose that's why alot of people think they're boring.

Anyway, back on topic, I never really posted all my gear.

Guitar: Jackson Performer Series 4 (H-S-H) /w Seymour Duncan bridge PU.

Amp: Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watt) and Epiphone Studio 10 (10 watt)

Effects: Marshall Jackhammer JH-1.

That's about it, but I think I'm saving up for a multieffects pedal, or if not that, then a keyboard :)

@ Stygian : youre a simple fucker, I dont have a full paid job, but my stuff is mine, no parents gave me money on it. You think you're the only one who cant afford a new Messa every week?