The Vocalist Thread!!!

Jeremy.

A Link To The Past
Feb 1, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada.
Are there any singers here? If so what style of vocals do you do? How long have you been singing seriously for? Do you have any clips of you singing? If so share them and let us see what you sound like!

I have been singing harsh vocals for around 2 years. I'm not very good but If anyone wants to hear me, I can post a clip. I don't know who I would say my vocals sound like... I don't try to immitate anyone, I just sing what I'm comfortable with

I am a soprano. I was in the school choir for 1,5 years. We didn't sing that intressting songs but the guy learned me how to sing correctly without destroying my voice.

Igraine is right, Jeremy... your singing was nice, not bad. :)

I sing too, but I don't make harsh vocals cause my voice doesn't allow me to do it, but to make you understand what my tone is like... let's say that when I sing my voice is very similar to the voice of the Evanescence's singer, Amy Lee, so I sing more or less that "style" (well, style is not the correct word, but you get it)...

But I can't be in a band for a bunch of reasons... and so, no clip of me singing.

I've been singing clean for a long time, everything from pop to ensiferum/wintersun-like. I've recently started to train my growling, but i don't have anything recorded yet. But soon!

i like growling more than harsh vocals, but without-judgement is cool :D

i remember that jeremy dude, his nick was Jeremywithoutjudment or judmentwithoutjeremy or something :p

i've been growling for a few months now, and a mate asked me if i wanted to do vocals for his new band so i said yea...
i put a clip here as soon as we record a song.

Believe it or not, i can imitate Fernando's vocals "Moonspells vocals" Especially when he says: All your darkness and hope.
:)

I used to do Corpsegrinder's vocals perfectly,then I stopped,so can't get that again.

If I get enough energy and enough time to practice,I'd like to be able to sing like a mix of Hansi Kursch and Layne Staley...i know,weird combination

I find it sooo hard to try to sing like Alexi! It just doesn't work for me. I can only seem to do half deep vocals. High harsh vocals like Alexi & Petri are really hard to do!

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Now lets hear some clips of you guys :D

I find it sooo hard to try to sing like Alexi! It just doesn't work for me. I can only seem to do half deep vocals. High harsh vocals like Alexi & Petri are really hard to do!

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Now lets hear some clips of you guys :D

I might, it's kinda awkward to do though since my neighbors would be able to hear it, they'd be like WTF is going on down there?