the AFL thread 2006

I'm not surprised it took you so long, given you're a Demons fan. ;) Fucking good win up there too.

What have Geelong starting doing differently, Cats people?

Southy said:
GO THE REDS!!!

Honestly Southy, I never took you for a homosexual.

Every time I tip against my port boys, THEY WIN!

Damn good games this weekend, shitty that I only tipped 4 though :mad:

KoichCPA said:
My girlfriend made me pick a team, so I went for Geelong because someone on here did.

Go Geelong!

Good choice. I don't think anyone could ever not like Geelong.

I mean, fuck, Gary Ablett, the greatest player the game has seen, played for Geelong.

Hawthorn doesn't count.

Winmar said:
What have Geelong starting doing differently, Cats people?

The only true difference has been that we are now playing teams that are not as shit as Brisbane and Kangaroos. I think we'll be fine against Sydney, although I'd feel more comfortable with Kingsley back in the forward line.
Also - Josh Hunt needs a run in in the mid-field. His has really struggled in defence and his loss of confidence has cost a goals. On the wing, and closer to goal, he would be very dangerous. The dude can kick 75+ mtrs of a couple steps!

Ah yeah, sounds fair enough. Brisbane are pretty shit now.

Josh Hunt - I've heard about him but haven't seen much of him. I should take notice.

How long's King out for? The bugger's in my dream team, and wasn't cheap!

Only problem with Ablett, ceydn, was that he liked to elbow people in the face.

Haha Sydney just beat Richmond by 118 points! :lol:

St Kilda are fucked. We were shocking last night against Geelong. It was one of the worst displays I've seen from us in the last decade, and one of the worst games I've ever been to. If that style is the future of footy, leave me out of it.

The great thing was that there was also playing really well, it wasn't just them running out there and going up against a weaker side, playing half-arsed and pulling off a win. The way the Swans played yesterday they would have beaten anyone.

Dude, it was Richmond. RICHMOND! I know some die hard fans that bleed black and gold that, when asked about really good year so far, say "Yeah, but the year's not over yet." It's probably just the start of the slide.

True, but I reiterate my point that Sydney was playing well yesterday. If they'd played like they did against Melbourne--who weren't that good either and Sydney still lost--they would have still won, but not as convincingly.