the album after epic

rammpeth

Dec 12, 2005
i was reading some interviews and they said that after epic was written they already had another album, which they were currently playing with the vocal lines, and that the acoustic album would be released afterwards.
what happened to that album? is it terra?

I doubt it's Terra, Terra/Cronian has been in the works since 2000 and the material for it was always intended as a seperate entity from Borknagar.

"You’ve got two albums coming out then, the acoustic album and the next regular album.
Yeah, I mean the regular album or whatever, we’re kind of in the process right now of doing some arrangements, and we are playing around with the vocal lines and stuff like that. Also, I’m just now working on our acoustic album; I’ve written half of the material or something like that. We’ve played around with the idea of doing an acoustic album for many years actually, so we just though ok, let’s try and check it out. We cannot promise anything, we cannot guarantee anything with the acoustic album, but we’re definitely trying to do something like that"

thats from live4metal.com

As for the songwriting, did you try out many ideas or only these 9 tracks that you put on the album?

"Actually I wrote one album back in 2001. I had some time and I wrote some material and we never used that actually, because we found that it was too close to Borknagar. I mean that could be a Borknagar album somehow. But when we started to write new material, that ended up on Terra, we felt that this is something unique and we couldn’t use this material in the context of Borknagar"

thats what made me think it was terra

I have never combined or mixed the writing process for CRONIAN and BORKNAGAR. With CRONIAN I work totally different from what I do with a BORK album. I have explained this somewhere else. TERRA is NOT left-over- BORK material whatsoever.

When it comes to BORK I have always written allot of material. I have like 2-3 BORK- albums written that we haven't released, simply because I write much more music that we actually are able to release. Right now I am working on material for a ninth album......;-)
Now, we are releasing the semi-acoustic album this autumn. It will be a different and really special release...utterly heartfelt! After that we are back in "normal" mode with a killer "metal" album as well. So beware!

Updates regarding the acoustic album will be published soon!

Øystein G. Brun said:
When it comes to BORK I have always written allot of material. I have like 2-3 BORK- albums written that we haven't released, simply because I write much more music that we actually are able to release. Right now I am working on material for a ninth album......;-)
Album art, release dates and tracklisting please!

... kidding, of course. Truly though, I'm really looking forward to the acoustic album, and whatever else comes along. :kickass:

Øystein G. Brun said:
I have never combined or mixed the writing process for CRONIAN and BORKNAGAR. With CRONIAN I work totally different from what I do with a BORK album. I have explained this somewhere else. TERRA is NOT left-over- BORK material whatsoever.

Now, we are releasing the semi-acoustic album this autumn. It will be a different and really special release...utterly heartfelt! After that we are back in "normal" mode with a killer "metal" album as well. So beware!

thanks for clearing that up. i guess i thought since that interview stated you were doing a "regular" album before the semi acoustic one i thought u had scraped the regular one

Excellent!!!!!!

Cheers!

I'm so impatient, but still I don't want Bork to rush. It's going to be so worth it when it's finally done. For now Terra is keeping me preoccupied.