The Allure of the Earth 7" Vinyl - NOW SHIPPING!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
vinyl_woods_label.jpg

The Original Version:

The Cello Version:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xru2u_aGLM4&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Side A: "Allure of the Earth", from Woods 2: Pursuit of the Sun & Allure of the Earth

Side B: "Allure of the Earth" cello cover version by Australian cellists Sebastian Simpson and Chris Doig.

Available now! Limited to 500 copies. Autographed and hand numbered. Artwork by Fursy Teyssier (www.lesdiscrets.com). + Includes MP3 download card featuring the "Allure of the Earth" audio and 12 additional WOODS OF YPRES tracks from the first three albums!

To order, please send $20, shipping included (Send $20 Canadian funds if you are ordering within Canada, send $20 American funds if you are ordering from the USA or anywhere else in the world. 15 Euros also accepted).

Via paypal to: woodsofypres@hotmail.com

Or $20 well hidden cash, check or money order via regular mail to:

David Gold / Allure 7"
44 Poplar Ave
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
P6B 2W7, CANADA

Also, people have been inquiring about a discount if they wanted to order two copies (to have one to listen to and one to keep sealed, etc...), so I will offer two copies for $35, shipping included to anywhere in the world.

Bulk order discounts can be negotiated for distros and shops. There is no limit to quantity. First come, first serve. This release is strictly limited to 500 copies and will not be repressed.

Please remember to include your return shipping address.

Thanks and see you in the mail!

DG - \w/

Lastly, PLEASE NOTE!! If you bought a copy of the "Allure" vinyl direct from us during our Western Canada tour, please send an e-mail to: woodsofypres@hotmail.com, Subject line: MP3, and please include your postal mailing address. Due to oversight at the pressing plant, the MP3 cards were not inserted in those first copies of the vinyl that we had with us on the road. I apologize for the inconvenience, and I am happy to hook you up in the mail. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey David, what's the latest on these?

The audio and art have been submitted to the pressing plant, vinyl production now in progress. Expect a July release. The shit takes time.

Awesome to have it out of my hands! :) I can't wait until Purolator knocks on my door with 6 huge boxes of wax.

Limited to 500, hand numbered. I'll keep you posted.

Thx!!

DG

The problem with always opting to do things the right (best) way, is that it sometimes (most of the time) creates delays. The raw audio for these two songs had been completely remixed from scratch and mastered specifically for vinyl before being sent to press ($$$$$$$). After hearing the test pressings AFTER all that process, it was decided that it SHOULD sound a little better than what we initially heard on the test 7", which was then addressed at the pressing plant and fixed. So, we now have the best possible sounding product, now being manufactured, HOPEFULLY being delivered JUST in time before we hit the road for the Western Canada tour! Ordering info will be online asap!

Long story short: it will look and sound awesome! 7" vinyl, w/ download cards, one time only pressing, limited to 500 copies, hand numbered and autographed.

Very soon, within a few days...just waiting on some specifics concerning delivery dates, so no one will have to wait TOO long. More soon!

+ Thanks for your interest in this project! I'm glad we did it. :kickass:

Awesome :) Thanks for the update. Really been looking forward to this!