the altered state of consciousness thread

I don't think that's possible. Are you sure we're talking about the same drug? There's some weird come-down effects that make you feel like you're still tripping in a sense but the actual high never lasts more than 2-3 minutes.

I'm sure. It was salvia extract, we burned it with a blue flame, and I tripped for just under an hour (and I mean 40-45 minutes); saw into the future, played conversations in my head that I then began to confuse with actual conversations, watched my skin bubble, eventually became convinced my friends were involved in a conspiracy against me, and finally went into my room and locked my door until it passed, which took about an hour.

Both times lasted roughly two minutes for me and that's about the length I've heard it from everyone else I know who's smoked it.

The first time I felt like the forest was closing in on me. I tried talking to one of my friends but it sounded like gibberish to me but I guess I was actually saying a nonsensical sentence.

The second time I felt myself turning into a million tiny pieces of paper and floated away for the entirety of the trip and came back to myself as I came down. Fun times but not worth $30, even if the trip would've lasted 45+ minutes. Two hits of acid for $20 is a worthy substitute. :cool:

i'm pretty sure the extract has nothing to do with the trip length. i've done salvia twice, one time using mixed extract and crushed up leaves, once using a pretty powerful extract. obviously i tripped way harder from the exctract, but both times the effects lasted no longer than 5-6 minutes.

salvia is child's play imo. it's fun once and just makes you crazy. mushrooms are the truly mind expanding drug, i've tripped on those bad larrys like four or five times and each time i've had different mushrooms and a completely different kind of mind boggling trip.

I shared a joint or two once with the random painter decorator dude who lived below me at uni. Must've been spliced with something because I ended up in bed clutching a part of the duvet convinced it was a door to the future.

The one time I tried salvia all that happened was my depth perception got totally fucked up. A 10 x 12 living room suddenly appeared to be about a mile long. The harshness of the herb gave me a really unpleasant asthmatic choking sensation. I'll stick with mushrooms, should I ever decide to trip again.

I saw my best friend stumbling around an old abandoned property, with his head in his hands, bawling his eyes out, making retard-esque, blood-curdling shrieks, as he was tripping on salvia.

Another time he thought I was attacking him because I offered him a chicken strip.

Was not pleasant.

I did Angel Dust recently thinking it was something else, not cool. I'm 23 and have drank and done drugs almost everyday since around 15. Don't like.

Drugs and alcohol make you whacked regardless if they were fun at a certain time. It does not really matter if it was fun. I go to rehab groups,etc.. various kinds of groups because am generally whacked.

Not sure about that,i've known at least two good mates from school for whom weed turned them skitzo,now they're fucked for life.I saw one of them recently and got the shock of my life,he's totally fucked and the weird thing about both dudes is that they were always really smart at school,with subjects like science and maths and shit,basically the stuff I was useless at.I'm 33 and have gone hard on pretty much any drug I could get since age 16,weed was the hardest for me to quit,party drugs are great occassionally though.

Not sure about that,i've known at least two good mates from school for whom weed turned them skitzo,now they're fucked for life.I saw one of them recently and got the shock of my life,he's totally fucked and the weird thing about both dudes is that they were always really smart at school,with subjects like science and maths and shit,basically the stuff I was useless at.I'm 33 and have gone hard on pretty much any drug I could get since age 16,weed was the hardest for me to quit,party drugs are great occassionally though.

Ok a few questions here....

Are you positive weed was all they ever took?
Do they have any prior history of mental problems?
Was the weed laced?
um....I don't know. The point is there are A LOT of variables than can influence what really happened to them, I mean unless you hung out with them every single day It's really hard to blame weed for their issues.

The funny thing is is you say that they use to be good at those subjects and are now distruaghted and can barely handle them. Well for me, especially last semester, I've spend a lot of good hours studying college level chemistry and found relief to not only better concentrate on the topic but for some reason getting stoned made it fun....FUN.....FUN!!! Who the fuck has fun studying chemistry? Someone on weed, that's who.

With one of them acid set him off,one trip was all it took to bring out schizophrenia but then he continued smoking and sent him over the edge.With the other guy it was just pot,he was a very heavy smoker,admittedly he had a family history of schizophrenia which I was'nt aware of at the time,I found out later that the dude's mum had been hospitalised before.Yeah I can't handle being around them anymore,they just fucking freak me out too much,the last time I saw my old mate it made me real uncomfortable,with some of the shit he was dribbling.
That's great that you had fun studying chemistry while stoned,I think i'd need something a bit stronger than weed for myself to enjoy that,like meth or something.

meth! haha! I once studied biology on cocaine, but I needed a joint to do so...

I have heard that if you are prone to schizophrenia then weed could actually make it worse or cause it to come out. My mom is very bi-polar and I sometimes, not everyday, smoke a lot of weed. I've heard that bi-polarism is genetic, but so far I feel fine......so far... :err:

Yeah i'm pretty sure that's what happened to one of those dudes,it's pretty bloody sad really,he was a great dude but when he came to my place out of the blue a couple of months ago it was just fucked up.The dude obviously's thrown personal hygiene out the window cause he fucking stunk and I told him,he actually stunk my place out and was just rambling about some weird shit that would flow into some other weird shit.I'd say pot's bad for any mental illness,it used to make me fairly paranoid in hindsight.And if you smoke it enough it does'nt even do anythng for you apart from help you sleep.I've just gone through a couple of months of little to no sleep but i'm over it now.

Apart from mental illness, even though there no definitive answers that marijuana is a precursor to mental illness, I genrally believe out of all intoxicants weed is the less damaging.

In italics - For intance, I saw on the news this child was saved with pot brownies from starving himself because of his autism. I don't have a link, but if you don't believe me I can find it for you.