the altered state of consciousness thread

We want things around us to be practiced, we get jaded at our own efforts when others do not follow suit. We live based on the actions of our surroundings, we form our decisions and thoughts based on the decisions and thoughts of others. A righteous man must make great effort to retain his decency when in the surrounding world it is not only exploited, but can be discarded without bad consequence to himself.

Drugs: making the absurdities of everyday life seem profound.

But they are. They tie into our evolutionary history and the complexity of our personalities due to our intelligence.

Psychedelic drugs expand different areas of thought. Our body does it naturally on its own with its DMT production when we sleep.

life is the basis of intoxication, drugs are mere accessories to an eternal high.

This is why Salvador Dali said "I don't do drugs. I am drugs." The happiness from one's favorite song is every bit as mind-altering as a dose of LSD or a hit of weed. We're a bunch of chemical reactions in a skull. Drugs happen to just give us some we wouldn't get normally.

It's been a pretty busy day considering i'm on holidays atm,I don't usually indulge in opiates so it should be a nice relaxing afternoon between this,some bud and a few beers.

So last night was the first time I smoked pot since August, and it reminded me why I stopped smoking pot entirely. I launched into a total mental and existential crisis, was literally shaking and gasping for air, and had to take some benzos to be able to sleep.

Luckily this time I had my girlfriend by my side talking me through everything and comforting me while I was barely functional and freaking out over the notion that I had once again eaten of the forbidden fruit and once again was cast out of the garden and into the shit-abyss.

The worst part of it was how super, no, HYPER-forgetful it made me, such that any comforting thought either from myself or her only lasted a fleeting moment before thoughts of doom and catastrophe crept back in and swept away all semblance of serenity.

I woke up this morning feeling the residual effects of it, and I hope to the gods they dissipate quickly with time. Luckily, I'm in a much better context than I was in August, visiting Maine for the weekend with my girlfriend before one more month of school till summer. I've been spending the past couple hours actually being productive on my report on Plutarch and deriving some good insights from the residual high.

It just sucks that I could never learn to control my high and use it to generate new insights and FOLLOW through on them before simply forgetting them. I know myself a lot better now than I did last August, so (unlike last night) I don't expect another death-spiral into depression. Just sucks that I now know for certain I can never smoke pot again.

Today's been good as it's the first full day of my weekend. I wake n baked and have been rekindling every couple of hours. I've been working on new music/lyrics, among other things, so it's been a pretty productive day.

It sounds like indica. Fuck indica. Lots of street weed is indica or hybrid because sativa is harder to grow. The best that can be gotten out of street weed are hybrids that are mostly sativa, and even that's a stretch. Also, most dealers don't know what they have.

Indica induces hunger and sleep, and dulls pain. Sativa is the one that gets you the euphoria, the laughter, and the paranoia. They're pretty much different drugs.

I myself am quitting weed because either my brain chemistry changed from psychedelics that made me react badly to weed, or the weed I've been getting off the street has been laced. I'd keep feeling pressure in my head each time I smoked. At one point, I felt a pinch inside my brain that scared me shitless. There's also be a feeling like my left eye would pop out of my head, and it still pops up from time to time even though it's been over a week since I've smoked.

No drugs for the foreseeable future for me. My favorite drug was acid, and the experiences I got listening to music on it I can get by meditating if I try hard enough. I'd rather not fuck with my brain anymore.

How much did you smoke?

Mathiäs;10598336 said:
Lol, what a lightweight. The only thing pot does for me is make me tired.

Yeah, the months of sobriety have made me super-sensitive to it and I might have been fine with one hit, but like a moron I took three.

I have a neurosis where I freak out in any situation where I don't feel in control, especially of my own mind. So I suppose I should stay away from shrooms and the like as well. Shame.

Been a couple days since the episode and I'm feeling much better. Still a bit foggy, but I'm very positive and that's the key. My girlfriend tells me it's not the weed that does this to me, but that it's purely psychological, and I believe it. Too bad. She agreed never to let me smoke again, though.

I may give meditation another shot though.

it's been awhile since i posted in this thread

because the only intoxication i've been doing is alchohol/weed

haven't done any other intoxicating drugs since last october

Took phenomenal ecsacy at a goth club Friday night. No methy-jitters, no depressive come-down. Danced for four straight hours. So much fun. Still have half the pill left. Debating whether or not I should take it at a concert or take it on my own and try writing while listening to music. Any of you ever done ecstacy while alone? I think it could be an interesting expiriment.

Was the club Das Bunker?

EDIT: Ive wondered the same...But to me the euphoria of E comes from the communal love I feel on it, and being in the company of others. Mushrooms and LSD is completely different for me. Kindof the opposite in fact.

Was the club Das Bunker?

EDIT: Ive wondered the same...But to me the euphoria of E comes from the communal love I feel on it, and being in the company of others. Mushrooms and LSD is completely different for me. Kindof the opposite in fact.

Yup, Das Bunker!

Yeah that's what I'm wonder. I might sit down planning to write and then end up wanting human contact and end up calling my mom or sisters or do something else ridiculous. But I also feel like its impossible to have a bad trip on E, unless its dirty.

Das Bunker is a fun place man. Ive been raging there for fucking years...Not so much anymore because the music is getting kinda weak. The Noise room downstairs is the only real part left of Das Bunker....Oh, and the tacos.

But yeah man, you hit it on the head, you cant unless its dirty. Just a word of caution, if your dose was a pressed pill, it could be cut with fucking anything...Not neccesarily pure. Might be worth getting a test kit to know.