The Amesoeurs/Alcest Debacle

Oops, I'm sorry that they don't cut themselves and make depressive black metal, so you can't enjoy their music. :lol:

No, and you can't find any objective reason why it is. I'm also surprised an obvious hipster such as you tries to have contempt for a project that's actually musically adventurous.

Can you stop being a defensive little shit in this thread? Jesus fucking Christ.

Listen to other 80's post-punk bands and, being serious, modern post-punk bands like Interpol and than listen to Amesoeurs. All Neige is really doing is placing a clean guitar lick before adding a melodic black metal guitar line. The idea/image of modernity is either totally ripped off Interpol or an original idea that is poorly done. The music is overall very cheesy and tries to be something that it is not.

Please, understand I am not using my normal "OMGZ 1NTER9OL RULZ" argument.

It's almost too much fun for me to stop, but okay. :lol:

I don't really care if people dislike them, but they should find reasons that aren't so hilarious.

Definitely check them out. Weird but cool major-key inflected avant-garde shoegaze-alternative-folkish-summer BM kinda.

Fuck this drama shit though.

The first post is quite funny but...... jealous girlfriends are annoying as hell.

Mathiäs;7319440 said:
I haven't heard any Alcest or Amesoeurs

alcest is likable shoegaze, haven't sampled much Amesoeurs

edit: their full length is, rather, not so much the Le Secret EP

Just out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why no-one ever mentions Tristesse Hivernale when refering to Alcest releases?

Probably because most people have only heard the horrible tape rip, which sounds pretty bad and doesn't do the material any kind of justice. The CD reissue sounds much better, since the vocals aren't buried and the drums are actually audible.

I guess so, although I always enjoyed that rip. I can't speak for the CD reissue, but the vinyl reissue of it is great. It certainly deserves far more praise than it gets.

I'm glad it got reissued at all, even though I've had many chances to buy the tape on eBay.