The Animation Appreciation Thread

I watched a shit ton of Nickelodeon when i was a kid. You guys remember Are you Afraid of the Dark?

Pretty much my favorite show as a kid. Had many nightmares about clowns as a result.

90s Nickelodeon ruled:

Rugrats
Doug
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Rocko's Modern Life
Hey Arnold!
SpongeBob SquarePants

I got my username from Doug. Never liked Ren & Stimpy even as a kid but the others were great stuff, at least in the early seasons. Hey Arnold got too politically correct and Spongebob became retarded, but the first two-maybe-three seasons of each were top-tier. Rugrats was the only one I've never tried rewatching and I doubt it would have the same appeal, but some of the episodes were pretty trippy from what I remember, like when Tommy gets lost in a car repair shop and imagines stacks of tires as mountains or some shit like that.

Nah cheesy horror stuff was my thing. Had nearly every Goosebumps book as well. Hey Dude was apparently before my time, never even heard of it. I did catch a little Pete & Pete but don't remember much. And Legends of the Hidden Temple. Also watched Ghostwriter though apparently that wasn't Nick.

i loved goosebumps, i read the whole first series. i had a knocker on my bedroom door which cackled BEWARE, YOU'RE IN FOR A SCARE. ghosts of fear street was good also, or a few of them were at least. spooksville was my favourite kids horror series though. there's actually a spooksville show now for some fucking reason. they missed the boat by like 20 years.

rugrats was really visually cool and fucking depressing at times (i.e. the legendary stu bit) but it is kind of fucking annoying listening to their baby voices as an adult

what do you have against ren and stimpy hbb :( shit is beyond unhinged

aaahh!! real monsters was a fun nick show iirc, and i loved rocko. pete & pete rules. i also remember clarissa explains it all, alex mack, kenan & kel obviously, the journey of allen strange, animorphs

i made this rym list of basically every kids tv show i remember

Reactions: CiG

Nah cheesy horror stuff was my thing.
e2eb22d09828b9c712892ba45eac1613.jpg

Hey Dude was apparently before my time, never even heard of it. I did catch a little Pete & Pete but don't remember much. And Legends of the Hidden Temple. Also watched Ghostwriter though apparently that wasn't Nick.

Hey Dude
was on Nick everyday for most of the 90's. No way you haven't seen it.

Don't think i've seen the other ones you mentioned, although Pete and Pete does ring a bell. I also wasnt around for Spongebob .. haven't seen a single episode.

Yeah I watched a bit of Tales from the Crypt with my dad as well. And Creepshow. The one with the black lake blob thing stuck with me for decades before I discovered what it was from.

I dunno, maybe if they had reruns of Hey Dude they were on when I was in school or something. 89-91 is definitely early for me. It's the shows that aired around 92-96 that defined my early (K-2) childhood. Even TMNT was a bit too early for me, I had some toys and know Raphael was my favorite but I hardly remember the show at all.

what do you have against ren and stimpy hbb :( shit is beyond unhinged

I just remember it being kind of juvenile. tbh my mom wouldn't let me watch it or Rocko's so that might bias me a bit, but I'd watch them at a friend's house and I still remember feeling kinda embarrassed to watch Ren & Stimpy with him, whereas Rocko's was funny then and still funny to me today. I haven't exactly given it a lot of extra chances though.

Yeah I watched a bit of Tales from the Crypt with my dad as well. And Creepshow. The one with the black lake blob thing stuck with me for decades before I discovered what it was from.

I dunno, maybe if they had reruns of Hey Dude they were on when I was in school or something. 89-91 is definitely early for me. It's the shows that aired around 92-96 that defined my early (K-2) childhood. Even TMNT was a bit too early for me, I had some toys and know Raphael was my favorite but I hardly remember the show at all.

It was aired almost everyday on Nick around the mid 90's. There was some kelly kapowski looking main actress, some indian guy and that one other chick who was also in Saved By The Bell and Dodgeball.

And i totally forgot about ranking Saved By The Bell, easily one of my favorite shows when i was a kid

Pretty much my favorite show as a kid. Had many nightmares about clowns as a result.

I got my username from Doug. Never liked Ren & Stimpy even as a kid but the others were great stuff, at least in the early seasons. Hey Arnold got too politically correct and Spongebob became retarded, but the first two-maybe-three seasons of each were top-tier. Rugrats was the only one I've never tried rewatching and I doubt it would have the same appeal, but some of the episodes were pretty trippy from what I remember, like when Tommy gets lost in a car repair shop and imagines stacks of tires as mountains or some shit like that.

I was gonna say that I pretty much lost interest in SpongeBob after season 3. I’ve only seen a few newer episodes and they weren’t that funny. The old stuff is brilliantly dumb.

Rugrats got pretty lame when Dill came into the picture. I wanna say season five or six but I can’t remember.

Cartoon Cartoons. Lots of nostalgia watching the premiers of a lot of these in the late 90s as a kid.

Dexter's Laboratory
Cow and Chicken
Johnny Bravo
The Powerpuff Girls
Grim & Evil
Ed, Edd, & Eddy
Courage the Cowardly Dog (which I remember being super ecstatic about once I saw the trailer for it. Still probably my favorite out of the bunch)

This looks cool. Honestly not watched too many of the more recent animated adaptions of the Batman books (was kinda disappointed by the Killing Joke animated film TBH), but I liked the art style of the Gotham by Gaslight book and always felt it would translate nicely to the animation medium. Anybody seen it?