The annual "Funny things overheard a progpower" thread

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
This is one of my favorite threads every year.

I have a couple to get started...

Friday night in the lobby:
"Well, true, but Edguy IS power metal. I mean they define the genre. When someone wants to know what power metal is, Edguy is all they need to know."

Saturday in the vendors room:
Some dude: "I can't believe you don't have the new [band name I can't remember] CD.
Dennis: "It's not out yet."
Dude: "Really, 'cause I talked to [some guy in the band] and he said it'd be out in October."
Dennis: "Yeah, but it's only September."
Dude: "Oh, right. Just through this weekend though right?"

I'm sure I'll think of others.

The usual tradition of bringing our dirtiest jokes to ProgPower continued this year. I'll spare such filth from this forum, but those who heard my murder joke and my friend Rudy's "wishbone" joke have already begun sharing them with everyone they know, I'm sure.

There was the epic conversation about our secret plans to upperdeck Midnight's toilet...and the initial debate of what upperdecking meant in the first place.

Also, I'll never look at a grill spit the same way again for the rest of my life. I don't think I'll be eating a roast for a while.

Some good quotes overheard:

Zod: "I'm not a fan of any female vocals"
Darkone: "And yet you love Lance King?"

Helloween Guitarist, after Deris introduced the rest of the band: "Wait, we forgot one person"
Me, from the crowd: "Yeah! Kiske!"

Zod, speaking about Mike from Circus Maximus: "I'm a devout atheist but that man's vocal chords were touched by God"

Midnight: "Waarrreak jkhkljdfoi ldhvoiaoi Angel alfhalksdjhi Monkey lhoiqcnihs"

Me, during Midnight's set: "If he gets up and starts rubbing himself with his microphone, I'm leaving."

Just about everyone, at some point during the fest: "Well, at least it was better than Midnight."

Steve in Philly

Some good quotes overheard:

Zod: "I'm not a fan of any female vocals"
Darkone: "And yet you love Lance King?"

Helloween Guitarist, after Deris introduced the rest of the band: "Wait, we forgot one person"
Me, from the crowd: "Yeah! Kiske!"

Me, during Midnight's set: "If he gets up and starts rubbing himself with his microphone, I'm leaving."

You're very popular in your own mind. ;)

Well there were many inside jokes this weekend between Pathosray and their friends. Our favorite (which Marco said during their set) is everything is AMAAAAZING!! :) But it goes with the greatest accent & hand gesture, too. You probably overheard one of us saying it at least once this weekend in the lobby or wherever else. haha Those guys were tons of fun.

The funniest thing i heard was Brent talking about John Fenberg and phone call he made to Bill Hudson when he was with Cellador

John - "Bill, This is John, wtf you mean booking a show yourself, I am your booking agent"

Bill- "I didn't do it one of the other guys did"

John - "Your the leader, can't you control them"

Bill - Silence

John - "Bill I tell you what i am going to do if you do this again, I am getting on a plane coming to Neb, eat some Beef and then poke your eyes out".

"I'm playing guitar in Americaaaaa!!!"

"American whiskey, the best there is! Swedish metal, the best there is!"

From Ian, as Roger showed bartender Amelia pictures of his dog, "God damn it! That Fucking Dog!" Totally cockblocked him and stole her away. LOL LOL LOL

On Pathosray: "I guess MetalRose doesn't translate well into Italian...."

BH- "Don't take pictures of me, and if you do, don't put them on the internet."

-Where am I? I have no idea where I am... Oh, I know you!

-What the hell happened to you in the 5 minutes I was in the bathroom?

-I've been partying with 3lbs of sugar on my cock.

-The ghosts of ProgPower Penis' Past

-"So where are you from?" DUH! Oh, wait, I mean Utah!

-If I need the room, I was just going to put a condom on the door, a used one...

-I am a french bird and I do no like your music, I will sheet on you out side of ze subway....

-Ugh, I got shit on at ProgPower.

-Lecchi la mia fica. (Translation not work friendly!)

"Let's look at Tim Owens. He was in a Priest cover band, and he joined the actual Priest. On the other hand, Jon Oliva was in the real Savatage, and he decided to form a Savatage cover band."

As much as I love JOP, that was hilarious! :lol: