The apostle In Triumph

Sargy

Feb 5, 2008
Anyone know whats being whispered at the intro?

sounds to me, and I'm only wishthinking here, like 'melinda'

hahaha damn !!
There was a guy who said the same thing in Songmeanings.com few years ago i think, he said that he heard something like :" fuck off *somone's name* " but not around 0:25 to 0:30

I didn't know we had a pot smoking thread, but the answer to smoking pot is no. its there, i've listened to it over and over again, and its definitive there

You shouldn't do that too often! Imagine never being able to listen to Opeth again! :cry:

I try so hard. But it's hard not to get pumped and just wanna hear it full tilt. Haha!

And speaking of this song. At 7.25 what the hell is that instrument? Is it keys or wat? and who's playing it. I assume Anders if keys.

IIRC, it's around 3.45 and was believed to be 'so then Jonah fucked it up'.

People assumed it was referring to the apostle that betrayed Jesus, but that was Judas, and not Jonah.

in orchid there's no keyboards apart from silhouette as far as i know.
violin-like sounds are guitar effects, there's something similar also in morningrise.

its on there too, sounds like breath

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the sensation that I hear something like you guys said, but I have the feeling it's only my imagination. Is it only on one speaker??

EDIT : Wtf that's kinda strange. I don't even think it's a voice, maybe just a fucked up sound or effect.
EDIT (2) : "So Jonah fucked up" at 3:45/3:49. Lol but I believe it's something in Mikael's native language. It doesn't sounds English.

Pelle Hå;7981559 said:
Yes, I can hear it. I agree it sounds like a soft breath whisper saying "Melinda".

Can narrow it down to 28-30 seconds in that youtube clip. Or 28.5-30 even. =)

I can hear it aswell on that youtube clip now. He's not whispering 'Melinda' sounds like it but no. Just more like a sigh. And I can also hear "So Jonah fucked up" at 3:45.