The Apples

Frosties

Blind @ heart
Mar 28, 2004
Israel
Despite having a horrible name, these guys really rock out. I don't exactly know how to explain their music, but it's kind of a mix of funk/jazz/rock/hip hop and a million other things - and all this without having any singing, or even a guitarist!!! Instead they have stuff like trombones, saxephones, and trumpets, as well as two DJ's.
They're an Israeli band, but they've toured around the world and they (supposedly) give an amazing live show ( I haven't been yet to one of their shows. I was planning to, but their next one is the same day Opeth are playing here).

So, I suggest everyone check these guys out for extrememly original, fun and talented music.

www.myspace.com/theapplesmusic

BTW, you guys should click on the link and listen to the song titled KILLING for probably the most original cover song I've heard.

*bump*

This is the last time I'll bump this thread, but I just wanted to say that it's ridiculous that the Dragonforce thread has alread gone a few pages and hardly anyone has checked out this band. For shame...

VERY cool band! I LOVE funk! :headbang:

And "Killing" kills! Good shit! I'll definitely pick up their record.

Whoah! This band rocks! This is the jazzy / funky stuff I've been looking for. Previously, I've only really liked (metal) fusion jazz and some Tower of Power stuff, but this band has the right edge, groove, melody and tempo for my taste. I wonder if the RATM cover is available just on vinyl, I'd prefer a CD version.

Could someone recommend similar bands (especially those that use a lot of wind instruments)?

I wonder if the RATM cover is available just on vinyl, I'd prefer a CD version.

I think it's also availible on their new album Buzzing About (I haven't got it yet, so I'm not sure). If anyone here has facebook, I was told you could listen to the entire album on their profile.

^bump

Just ordered "Buzzin' About" & "Attention!", can't wait to rock out to this stuff. I've got a percussionist buddy who's gonna love the shit out of this, too! :headbang:

Glad you enjoy it! I've only got Attention, but is awesome! The first couple of tracks are pure fun put into music. The last track is pretty catchy as well (I find myself constantly lifting my hands and singing Whoooo! when I hear it)

Just got "Buzzin' About" & "Attention!" in the mail yesterday. Killer, funk-nasty groovin'! If you dig '70s Tower of Power funky horns with a twist, this is the band for you.