The Ballad of Roland D.O.G - Guestsolo wanted (ShreddyMarz, what´s up)

Really cool song dude:headbang: Awesome vocals. I agree about the undergained guitars.

Thanks Nuno :) I´m really glad, you guys like the song!! There are some details I wanna improve more, I´ll keep ya updated.

possibly, I think I heard an idea I wanted to mention to you but I need to listen to the song a couple more times to be sure it would add to it

Okay let me know then, Carlos!

Ok after several listens I can say that there really isn't much you could do with the arrangement to make it better ... this is mostly due to the arrangement being pretty damn solid as it is but also cause the song is so short :D Any change you might make, aside from adding a new section, might make it seem like a different song.

Aside from that a couple of "production" ideas in the songwriting ... the whole section starting at around 1:32 ... might not be a bad idea to change up your rhythms a little, maybe add a little more cross picking or something. The whole downpicking thing through the entire song, as short as it is, makes it seem just a bit too repetitive. Also, the rhythm licks at like 1:43 & 1:56, might want to think about harmonizing, if not both of them than at least one to help break it up and differentiate the parts a little. Vocally, the chorus sections are begging for a harmony on top, even if just a 3rd higher ... could even experiment with a 3rd on top and then an octave below the 3rd, might make it sound more ballsy and fat as fuck :headbang:

Also maybe a 5th higher on the word "me" at end of chorus, or landing on a 5th higher ... I actually have a vocal harmony I keep hearing for that part. If you like I could throw it down on guitar tonight and send it to you to see what you think

Thats all I got man. Oh yeah, OT, check your myspace, I sent you a message on there from my band page ;)

guitars are almost clean, moar gain PRLZZZZ!!! :D
voice is excellent!
+1 to the dry sounding mix.

cheers
S.

Sound good but you need to work more deeper with vocal arrangement and melody for really shine in this department imo.

And for people complaining about undergained gtrs: stop focus on that and try to see the whole picture. Gtrs are close to perfect for that style of music in term of gain:D
Just kidding...

Thanks for your opinions @all ya mates! This song is a very "easy going" one for sure...I never wrote something like this. I will improve it more and I´m corious about what you think about the final version with solo, vocals harmonys etc..

Will post an update tonight :kickass:

Gtrs are close to perfect for that style of music in term of gain
Just kidding...

@Mikael, I don´t understand your sarcasm..you reamped it, man. Do you also think, it´s undergained? I think, it´s at the border being too undergained, but still pretty cool for the song.

@Mikael, I don´t understand your sarcasm..you reamped it, man. Do you also think, it´s undergained? I think, it´s at the border being too undergained, but still pretty cool for the song.

No for me, gtrs isn't undergained for that style of music (and it's why I reamped like this). But if someone like you, Lasse or Glenn tell me contrary I will shut my mouth.
People don't focus on whole picture...etc and I'm really tired about this but for go to what I wrote:
Just kidding was a bad word choice for say for everyone to do not give to much importance to what I have wrote... Sorry for all this misunderstood...

No for me, gtrs isn't undergained for that style of music (and it's why I reamped like this). But if someone like you, Lasse or Glenn tell me contrary I will shut my mouth.
People don't focus on whole picture...etc and I'm really tired about this but for go to what I wrote:
Just kidding was a bad word choice for say for everyone to do not give to much importance to what I have wrote... Sorry for misunderstood...

Absolutely cool, mate. I were a bit confused...but you brought the clarity. Totally diggin´your work and appreciate your help :) I´m absolutely no fan of overgained rythm sound, but how you said, it´s all about the big picture.

I think it sounds awesome. I agree with the guitars being undergained and sitting a little too forward in the mix... vocals sound a bit like you were tired in some spots, but overall sounds pretty good.

Thanks, dude :)

Yeah, I consider re-record the vocals anyway..I were pretty tired, weak, but also pissed..dunno it´s better, I´m more clear, while recording it :lol:

the whole section starting at around 1:32 ... might not be a bad idea to change up your rhythms a little, maybe add a little more cross picking or something

@Carlos, thanks for your good tipps. I still hate this part beginning at 1:32, something important is totally missing there. But I have an idea, how I can solve the problem.

you can still keep the pissed vocals, dont delete them, the're golden!!

Haha Mago, kennst das ja..own vocals, difficult to rate ;) Glad you think so!