The Ballad of Roland D.O.G - Guestsolo wanted (ShreddyMarz, what´s up)

haha man, I'd LOVE to help you out, but:

1) I sux @ solo
&
2) the first and only time I tried to play something the chords totally fucked me. dude, srsly, you're brutal on that one :lol:

that sounds absolutely fantastic mate, brilliant stuff. i'd have a go at the solo but i don't think I'm good enough. Production is great but more importantly the song is class.

Very good to hear that, mate. Thank you very much :) This is much appreciated!

haha man, I'd LOVE to help you out, but:

1) I sux @ solo
&
2) the first and only time I tried to play something the chords totally fucked me. dude, srsly, you're brutal on that one :lol:

Haha Mago, you are still young...fucking learn to play solo. It´s so much fun :)

might have some time over the weekend ... maybe I should try fucking around with it ... those chords sound pretty easy to come up with something (shit ... sorry grywolf, that wasn't a poke at you dude :D )

and no, I won't even LOOK at my clean channel :p

might have some time over the weekend ... maybe I should try fucking around with it ... those chords sound pretty easy to come up with something (shit ... sorry grywolf, that wasn't a poke at you dude :D )

and no, I won't even LOOK at my clean channel :p

No offense taken bro! ;) Just different guitar styles.

It´s no problem wanking along this chords. Normal tuning - F minor - blues scale - what´s the deal, fellas? ;) I also recorded a solo for the spot..(for the case, I have to do it). But actually all songs are supposed to be with sneapsters aboard then. THIS RULES :kickass:

Öwen;9224516 said:
You know what, I totally had a crack at this, I'm not the best player on earth so I'm not really bothered if you don't think this is up to the standard you need (and my lead tone sucks :lol:) but I enjoyed the practice and it was good fun:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4363530/felix_solo.mp3

Hahaha Öwen :Spin: Nice one, put some evil delay on it and it´s not bad at all. I´m glad, you enjoyd playing with my tune.

I might have to change my sig thing again ...

¯(°_o)/¯ How do F minor blues?

Carlos, this can´t be true :zombie: You don´t fucking know blues scales?! GO.FUCKING.LEARN.....NOW :lol: Fuck me guys, I´m going crazy here.

Carlos, this can´t be true :zombie: You don´t fucking know blues scales?! GO.FUCKING.LEARN.....NOW :lol: Fuck me guys, I´m going crazy here.

its true :cry: Do you think I'm missing out on something?

unless anything here from about 3:10 - 4:00 is blues shit:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/594184/Neon Abyss.mp3

as my old drummer used to say to me "dude, if you actually knew what you were doing, you'd be dangerous" :D

Hahaha Öwen :Spin: Nice one, put some evil delay on it and it´s not bad at all. I´m glad, you enjoyd playing with my tune.

Cheers mate (and you too Carlos, diggin that tune)!

Not to hijack but what delay are you using? I can never find one that doesn't make my guitar tracks sound like they're in a box or something. Also, can we get a wee listen to the solo you did Felix, I'm interesting in hearing it the way you envisioned (and while I'm at it, things I could have done better :lol:)

its true :cry: Do you think I'm missing out on something?

unless anything here from about 3:10 - 4:00 is blues shit:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/594184/Neon Abyss.mp3

as my old drummer used to say to me "dude, if you actually knew what you were doing, you'd be dangerous" :D

Although this solo is pretty cool (and also the song), there is no single blues tone in there. I recommend to learn & using the blues scale. You can add so much more cool tones and feelings in the playing. This scale is so important, it was the base of all I learned about soloing.

@ Owen... Thanks man!

That delay was my pride and joy for a while ...PSP Lexicon 42

I just couldn't get ANYTHING good sounding from the stock PT delays so I bit the bullet a bought that one cause it got some great reviews I had remembered reading

I still use it quite a bit but more for the "background" lead and melody stuff ... it just has a nice automatic ambiance to its sound that really works in those applications.

EDIT: Ooops! Now I don't know who you were asking about the delay :p

Although this solo is pretty cool (and also the song), there is no single blues tone in there. I recommend to learn & using the blues scale. You can add so much more cool tones and feelings in the playing. This scale is so important, it was the base of all I learned about soloing.

Danke Felix :)

Although I have to be honest ... I'm not very good at learning scales. Part of the reason I pretty much just go by ear

But you know what ... and this is no ass kissing ... you are a WAY better solo player than me so if you really think I would stand to bring my game up a couple notches by putting time into learning the blues scale stuff, I'll take a crack at it :headbang:

Öwen;9224656 said:
Cheers mate (and you too Carlos, diggin that tune)!

Not to hijack but what delay are you using? I can never find one that doesn't make my guitar tracks sound like they're in a box or something. Also, can we get a wee listen to the solo you did Felix, I'm interesting in hearing it the way you envisioned (and while I'm at it, things I could have done better :lol:)

Oh yeah, I gladly show it to you. I´m not in the studio right now, but tomorrow evening I´ll be able to upload it. Hmmm which delay...I use the mackie one (tracktion3 vst) It´s pretty okay. And for more spaced up delay stuff I use the Ohmboyz (also on this track). This one mixes modulation with stereo delay and it can make things wonderful wide. I use it on nearly each song for different tracks (mostly leads, vocals).

Danke Felix :)

Although I have to be honest ... I'm not very good at learning scales. Part of the reason I pretty much just go by ear

But you know what ... and this is no ass kissing ... you are a WAY better solo player than me so if you really think I would stand to bring my game up a couple notches by putting time into learning the blues scale stuff, I'll take a crack at it :headbang:

Do it, my friend. I´m totally sure on youtube you´ll find a cool learning video or anything. This is even 1000 times more important than lydian or locrian and all this stuff. This is goddamn BLUES, man. I also recommend checking out Steve Ray Vaughn, fucking love his licks. Very inspiring.