The ballad thread.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
This may work...or not.

The idea is to post metal ballads you like. By ballad doesn't have to be a song about love necessarily. I will rule out 'No One Likes You' but I will take 'Still Loving You'. I take 'She's Gone' but rule out 'Lonely Is The Word'.

In the end is a lot in the ear of the beholder, so let's have fun. Oh, and do not overkill the post so we have more stuff to go with.

Helloween - 'If I Knew'

mmm, I'm not really a balad fan, mostly breaks the tempo of good records...
If need to mention one it would be Malmsteen's "Don't let it end" as it brings special memories for me (was played at a funeral mass of a friend).

There's a many good ballads in Metal world and also bad ones even more.So my choice would be:
Scorpions-Still loving you
Demons&Wizards-Fiddler On The Green
Warlock-Without you
Helloween-A Tale That Wasn't Right
Accept- Breaking Up Again
Judas Priest-Beyond The Realms Of Death
Manowar-Defender
Manowar- Swords In The Wind
Manowar-Master Of The Wind,
Virgin Steele-Child Of Desolation
And many many more

Psychotic Waltz - "I Remember"
Psychotic Waltz - "Hangin´ On A String"
Nightwish - "Sleeping Sun"
Nightwish - "Walking In The Air"
Atrox - "Heartquake"

Absolutley HATE THEM!!!!!! But that being said......
Poison - Something To Believe In.

Is one of the best songs ever written (In my opinion, and am in no way stating fact)

Wyvern said:
This may work...or not.

The idea is to post metal ballads you like. By ballad doesn't have to be a song about love necessarily. I will rule out 'No One Likes You' but I will take 'Still Loving You'. I take 'She's Gone' but rule out 'Lonely Is The Word'.

In the end is a lot in the ear of the beholder, so let's have fun. Oh, and do not overkill the post so we have more stuff to go with.

Helloween - 'If I Knew'

Fiddler on the Green by Demons and Wizards
Watching Over Me by Iced Earth
Lord Of The Rings by Blind Guardian
I Died For You by Iced Earth
Forever And One by Helloween
When The Children Cry by White Lion ( shut up I like this song)
Broken heart by White Lion( refer to above)
The Price by Twisted Sister
No One Like You by Scorpions
Always Will Be by Hammerfall
Fallen One by Hammerfall
Wasted Love Iron Maiden
Rose Of Sharyn by Killswitch Engage
End Of Heartache by Killswitch Engage
Saturday Night by The MISFITS
Scream by The Misfits
Really In Love by Andrew W. K.

wow shame on all of you, you left out the best one of them all.....
Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde

that song means a lot to me, so i guess it might not be the best EVER, but you gotta admit, its a great song, and it just really has a lot of value with me, i just love it

T_man357 said:
Absolutley HATE THEM!!!!!! But that being said......
Poison - Something To Believe In.
haha what the hell? interesting post
anyway, I have to take some time to decide
ballads to me are always connected with situations or times in the past, that's the only reason I like them. In overall, I'm not someone who turns on ballads. They always make me anxious.. I prefer Forbidden Evil when I'm down or something :tickled:
Oh and I have a weird opinion on 'ballads'. Some songs are ballads to me, or hold the 'idea' of ballad, while it's nothing like the known meaning of ballad..
Best thing about ballads is when they're not about love. But where do you find those??
Lonely is the word counts for me. But one of my alltime favorites would be Children of the Sea. I want people to play that song at my funeral (I'm not always this pessimistic but hey its a beautiful song ;) ) And I don't even like Dio! That's why Ozzy's better. He wasn't into too much ballads during Black Sabbath.

Griffin- said:
haha what the hell? interesting post
anyway, I have to take some time to decide
ballads to me are always connected with situations or times in the past, that's the only reason I like them. In overall, I'm not someone who turns on ballads. They always make me anxious.. I prefer Forbidden Evil when I'm down or something :tickled:
Oh and I have a weird opinion on 'ballads'. Some songs are ballads to me, or hold the 'idea' of ballad, while it's nothing like the known meaning of ballad..
Best thing about ballads is when they're not about love. But where do you find those??
Lonely is the word counts for me. But one of my alltime favorites would be Children of the Sea. I want people to play that song at my funeral (I'm not always this pessimistic but hey its a beautiful song ;) ) And I don't even like Dio! That's why Ozzy's better. He wasn't into too much ballads during Black Sabbath.

How bout Fates Warning - Guardian? :headbang:

I want to know what part of limit your list people didn't get it? :bah: This is not a pissing contest, was supposedly an idea for a long thread.

Judas Priest - 'Before The Dawn'

Jean-Pierre said:
How bout Fates Warning - Guardian? :headbang:

Oh Hell yes! One of the greatest songs ever!
"I remembered you, will you remember me?"

What else...
Overkill - The Years Of Decay, Solitude
Yngwie Malmsteen - You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget
Fates Warning - Life In Still Water, The Road Goes On Forever, A Handful Of Doubt
Accept - Guardian Of The Night
Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde, In My Darkest Hour
Nevermore - Insignificant, Matricide
Devin Townsend/Ocean Machine - Funeral
Judas Priest - Beyond The Realms Of Death

Ballads! Wow...this is sure to bring some heated debate! There are some diamonds and some turds for sure! Here are some of Uncle Ted's Favs!

MOTLEY CRUE - HOME SWEET HOME (has there been a better ballad or video to accompany it?!??!)

JUST AS A SIDE NOTE I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT VAN FUCKING HALEN NEVER DID ANY BALLADS WHILE THE MIGHTY DAVID LEE ROTH WAS BOSS....

But some more good ballads:

THE RAMONES - I WANT YOU AROUND
DEF LEPPARD - Bringin' On the Heartache
KISS - Beth
OZZY - The Road To Nowhere
GUNS N ROSES - Patience
ROLLING STONES - Angie
LYNYRD SKYNYRD - Tuesday's Gone

How bout those?

Wyvern said:
I want to know what part of limit your list people didn't get it? :bah: This is not a pissing contest, was supposedly an idea for a long thread.

Judas Priest - 'Before The Dawn'
eh I don't get it indeed
we're supposed to name only one or just a few?

ok then here's a cheesy one: Lillian Axe - See You Someday
here's one that I've been listening to a lot lately (becuse the CD is good not the ballad in special):

X-Cel - I'll Make It Someday
this band is fucking excellent

:OMG: Kittybeast... surprised you have not named a SCORPS ballad yet..

Anyway... I am a sucker for ballads! I like the guilty pleasure glam ballads, aggresive ballads, cheesy ballads, you name it! Think I'll start off with a classic though... "Dream On"-Aerosmith... that song is pure emotion!