The ballad thread.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Yeah, Empty Rooms, great song. I love that whole album. Victims of the Future

'Victims Of The Future' is one of the best Gary Moore songs I've heard. I prefer his rocker side way over his bluer side.

Deep Purple - 'Haunted'

Wyvern said:
I guess there's one more :p Cool listening to Helloween, I didn't know you like the pumpkin.
Yeah Helloween, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian and such were the bands I started with, I still enjoy them once in a while.
btw, Lacuna Coil - 'To Myself I Turn'
best Lacuna Coil song!!

Ocean - Les Yeux Fermés
thanks to carnut for this wonderful song/album!

Griffin- said:
Yeah Helloween, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian and such were the bands I started with, I still enjoy them once in a while.
btw, Lacuna Coil - 'To Myself I Turn'
best Lacuna Coil song!!

Like father, like daughter :D

I love that LC song, it was the one that delivered me to the band. I started with classic metal and evolved to power. You started with power and evolved to NWOBHM, not bad, not bad :p
Ark - 'Missing You'

JonnyD said:
Thats a Great fucking tune!

Overkill - The Years of Decay!

Solid, so is Quicksand Jesus and Wasted Time, they had some excellent balads, here's some more fav's

Megadeth - Promises
Wasp - Sleeping in the Fire
Ozzy - I Just Want You

Fates Warning - Part IX
Symphony X - Lady Of The Snow
TNT - Eddie
Loudness - Ares Lament (aka So Lonely)
XYZ - What Keeps Me Loving You

tedvanfrehley said:
DEF LEPPARD - Bringin' On the Heartbreak!!!!!!!!!

HELL YEAH!

Said that again :headbang:

Thin Lizzy - 'Frankie Carrol'

Nebulous said:
THE Ballad................littereally, "the Ballad", by Testament

Daniel\m/
that's one of the wrost ballads.. and definately one of the lesser songs from Testament in my opinion!

WASP - Widowmaker
While Heaven Wept - Voice in the wind

Griffin- said:
that's one of the wrost ballads.. and definately one of the lesser songs from Testament in my opinion!

WASP - Widowmaker
While Heaven Wept - Voice in the wind
i dont know about wrost, but its definately one of the worst! :lol:

Bon Jovi - I Want You

Just for the chorus really (the rest of the song is good too though)

I never wanted the stars
I never shot for the moon
I like them right where they are
All I wanted was you
So baby just turn away
Because I can’t face the truth
All I’m trying to say
Is all I wanted was you

and these two lines

All I got is my guitar these chords and the truth
All I got is my guitar ... but all I want is you

although anyone who listens to the song will realise that the second of the two lines actually goes ... but all I want ..baby all I want

Griffin- said:

A true ballad by Testament I will say 'Return To Serenity', especially the version that comes in "Live At The Fillmore".
Now I must say I do like 'The Ballad', I don't consider it remotely a bad song. I disagree with the notion that a metal band (especially in thrash) is about only agressiveness, moreover this song can be consider a ballad up to 4:00, from there takes a pace that invalid it as a ballad IMO.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Yeah, Empty Rooms, great song. I love that whole album. Victims of the Future and Run for Cover are my two fave Gary Moore albums and still get played at least once per year in my hallowed halls.

Gary is just awesome! And I too like his rocker side better... but what's nice is that it is infused with a bit of blues, so it has a level of feeling that is just amazing IMO :)

Metal Dog said:
Bon Jovi - I Want You

Just for the chorus really (the rest of the song is good too though)

I never wanted the stars
I never shot for the moon
I like them right where they are
All I wanted was you
So baby just turn away
Because I can’t face the truth
All I’m trying to say
Is all I wanted was you

and these two lines

All I got is my guitar these chords and the truth
All I got is my guitar ... but all I want is you

although anyone who listens to the song will realise that the second of the two lines actually goes ... but all I want ..baby all I want

Wow! Never thought I would see somebody praising some "new" BJ songs... that's a cool one, but I'd say my favorite BJ ballad is "WILD IS THE WIND!" :worship: