The ballad thread.

Metal Dog said:
Poison :headbang: I've been meaning to put my picks from them up for ages and just hadn't managed it yet. I didn't expect to get beaten to it except maybe by Trixx but haven't seen him round here in a while?? Maybe I'm just not reading the right threads? anyway Richie Kotzen I have to say even though the Native Tongue album had some good songs on it and some great ballads to me it's too different to the rest of Poisons stuff for me to look at it in the same way but each to their own. I like your choices but I have a few of my own to add to the list :)
Theatre Of The Soul (Surprised you didn't mention this one)
Only Time Will Tell
Ride The Wind (not sure it classes as a ballad but it's an awesome song nevertheless)

How are you supposed to ride wind?! :tickled:
I don't care for that one, but I did forget Theatre of the Soul & Only Time Will Tell...
As for Trixx he's in the trunk of my car, I have been feeding him lice & water for the last month or so... You think I should chnage his diet?!:tickled:

stevekachinsky said:
Accept "The King"
Agent Steel "The Traveler"

Hey Steve, Pabla draged you here? :p Welcome, and by the way people remember that Steel Prophet forum is open at UM too.

Steel Prophet - 'Passage Of Time (amber leaves)' ;)

Ozzy - So Tired, Mama I'm Comming Home, Goodbye to Romance
Judas Priest - Diamonds and Rust (if it counts)
Black Label Society - In This River
Pantera - Cemetery Gates :headbang:
Pantera - Hollow
Pantera - Suicide Note Pt. I
King Diamond - So Sad
S.O.D. - The Ballads of Jimmi Hendrix, Phil Hartman, The Scorpians
M.O.D. - The Ballad of Dio

sixxswine said:
How are you supposed to ride wind?! :tickled:
I don't care for that one, but I did forget Theatre of the Soul & Only Time Will Tell...
As for Trixx he's in the trunk of my car, I have been feeding him lice & water for the last month or so... You think I should chnage his diet?!:tickled:

Riding the wind is easy but I keep falling off when I try to touch the midnight sun :loco:
Don't change his diet just let him out occasionally to post unless of course he starts speaking in tongues and then well it might be time to stop feeding him alltogether :D

Hammerfall - 'Dreams Come True'.

Yes I know Hammerfall ballads are cheesy as hell, but they deliver so...

Wyvern said:
Hey Steve, Pabla draged you here? :p Welcome, and by the way people remember that Steel Prophet forum is open at UM too.

Speaking of dragging people here, a new found friend of mine is awaiting his acceptance to join! :headbang:

#1_Droogie said:
Speaking of dragging people here, a new found friend of mine is awaiting his acceptance to join! :headbang:

A couple of old buddies of mine from TMG signed here, but they're a bit shy to post so far :lol:

#1_Droogie said:
wow shame on all of you, you left out the best one of them all.....
Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde

Yeah, I'll definitely agree with this.

But, hell, I definitely think that ballads in metal are a good thing. Judas Priest and Sabbath proved that early on and they were right. Sure, the "power ballad" thing got formulaic and stupid in the late '80's, but that's one excess that still doesn't diminish the overall strength of the metal ballad.

I saw Kamelot mentioned and that reminded me of Ne Pleure Pas, the french version of the ballad Don't You Cry, from the album Karma (it was a bonus song on the U.S. version). Khan's vocals are Godly on that song and the french lyrics really fit the melody much better than the English. I played Ne Pluere Pas for a girl last summer and she broke into tears. Then she jumped my bones.

Not saying you'll get the same results, but it worked for me. :p

Pabla said:
Kamelot... "Abandoned" Holy mother of Eddie that song is touching, the way Khan delivers it brings tears to my eyes :OMG:
I prefer 'Wander' and 'On the Coldest Winter Night' from Epica
or The Haunting from the new album
yes KAmelot makes lovely songs

how about some non metal ballads..
I'm great at naming those!
Bob Dylan's good at singing them: I threw it all away, Tell me that it isn't true ..
or Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven, The Who - Behind Blue Eyes
Lovely ballad time, the 60s!!

SavaRon said:
Dream Theater - Space Dye Vest

:worship: :worship: :worship:

What a great song indeed. I'm not very fond of "Awake" but that song owns the album IMO.
Vixen - 'Love Is A Killer'

*HAH you han't expected this one from me, isn't it?*

Griffin- said:
how about some non metal ballads..
I'm great at naming those!
Bob Dylan's good at singing them: I threw it all away, Tell me that it isn't true ..
or Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven, The Who - Behind Blue Eyes
Lovely ballad time, the 60s!!

I prefer-Eric Clapton's "Old Love" :D

but the ULTIMATE Non-metal ballad for me is Benny Mardones' "Into the night" :worship:

Wyvern said:

I don't "drag" I just THREATEN :heh:

:D