The ballad thread.

SickBoy said:
Any ballad by Riot is awesome in my book.
Just listen to Let It Show, Rain, Santa Maria, Cover Me, Bloodstreets, In Your Eyes, Showdown, Restless Breed, Runaway...

'Santa Maria' is indeed a great ballad.

Griffin- said:
eh I don't get it indeed
we're supposed to name only one or just a few?

one or two are alright else you'll finish your list in a single post. The idea was to post so people can read and discuss. I tend not to read long list, I suppose most people do as well.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Before the Dawn definitely kicks, Wyvern. But how about Dreamer Deceiver?

Have you ever heard the Skyclad version of 'Dreamer Deceiver'? Is one kick ass version, first time I hear them was thru that cover and they surely made an impression.

Gary Hughes - 'Lies'

Wyvern said:
'Santa Maria' is indeed a great ballad.

one or two are alright else you'll finish your list in a single post. The idea was to post so people can read and discuss. I tend not to read long list, I suppose most people do as well.
K, I get it

Everon - "If You Were Still Mine" or
Everon - "Not This Time" :(

best modern progband for me, ever... the album 'Bridge' is full of ballad-like songs

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Guns N Roses - November Rain (kinda a ballad)
Queensryche - Silent Lucidity
Scorpions - Still Loving You
Warrant - Heaven
Poison - Something to Believe In
Ozzy - Mama Im Coming Home
Testament - The Ballad
Tesla - Caught in a Dream

Pabla said:
:OMG: Kittybeast... surprised you have not named a SCORPS ballad yet..

Anyway... I am a sucker for ballads! I like the guilty pleasure glam ballads, aggresive ballads, cheesy ballads, you name it! Think I'll start off with a classic though... "Dream On"-Aerosmith... that song is pure emotion!

Scorpions- In your Park

Griffin- said:
Hey Wyvern, any bigger text sizes other than the one you used? :lol:

I guess there's one more :p Cool listening to Helloween, I didn't know you like the pumpkin.

Gary Moore & Phil Lynnot - 'Parisienne Walkways'

Wyvern said:
Gary Moore & Phil Lynnot - 'Parisienne Walkways'

:worship: I loveeee that song... especially live!

But my fav... "Empty Rooms" *thud*

Hawk said:
:worship:

"Life's like a River - Scorpions" :Spin:

Hey Hawk, nice to see you posting I almost was about to call you MIA.

"In Trance" is one of the greatest album by the band and in general history of rock. Scorpions have pretty neat ballads throughout their history, and that is one of them, along with 'Fly People Fly' or 'Holiday' to mention a few.

My soft spot will go nevertheless to 'Born To Touch Your Feelings', that song is pure passion and feeling and the female choir with different languages to the end of the song just won me.

Pabla said:
But my fav... "Empty Rooms" *thud*
Yeah, Empty Rooms, great song. I love that whole album. Victims of the Future and Run for Cover are my two fave Gary Moore albums and still get played at least once per year in my hallowed halls.

Looking through all the posts it looks like the Scorps are pretty much kings of the ballads in the heavy metal world. I can't think of anyone who wrote more quality ballads than they did.

Jon Oliva has a knack for writing quality ballads as well. I'm listening to Streets right now and there's several great ballads on there: A Little Too Far, St. Patrick's, Can You Hear Me Now, If I Go Away, and one of the greatest masterpieces of all time Believe