the berzerker

Originally posted by DravenMist
i suppose you're talkin about the berzerker again?

that fuzzy sound, it's their triggered bass drum.

its not just the bass drum that makes it fuzzy..

the bass drums are distorted but not really
its more of an electronic doosh
but its mainyl their mix
cos matt is an awesome guitarist
but u cant hear squat shit

They have only changed voice from bassdrum and snare..and the drummer is played ALL himself..not any computer editing!!
and is fucking true that he is world fastest drummer!

Originally posted by Paasikivi
They have only changed voice from bassdrum and snare..and the drummer is played ALL himself..not any computer editing!!
and is fucking true that he is world fastest drummer!

get it through your head
its not all garry
garry is fast but not that fast man
trust me i know these things

So I'm a few weeks late on this but I'll throw in my two cents... even though I love the crunchy electronics of the self-titled album I'm beginning to like Dissimulate more - aside from the better sound production overall some of the riffing in there is fucking great, probably a result of letting the guitarist write the riffs. (Not that there weren't a few gems in the s/t, like Forever...)

The front man from that god forsaken band was talking about how careful the drummer had to be that his masks hair piece didn't fall on the snare and trigger it. I don't mind when a band uses a drum machine and doesn't even pretnd to make it sound real, sometimes it can sound fucking awesome (Fuck...I'm Dead) but when they pretend that its real? Gimmick all the way...

Originally posted by Prozactrooper
The front man from that god forsaken band was talking about how careful the drummer had to be that his masks hair piece didn't fall on the snare and trigger it. I don't mind when a band uses a drum machine and doesn't even pretnd to make it sound real, sometimes it can sound fucking awesome (Fuck...I'm Dead) but when they pretend that its real? Gimmick all the way...

Eh? I don't getcha there... The Berzerker clearly used a drum machine on the first album, he/they weren't pretending not to. Or you don't like the way the live drums (okay I use the term lightly) on Dissimulate were made to sound like a drum machine?

I don't know shit about drums but I could still trigger a kit to hell and then do a mega tense up blast and it would sound nice as (Theoretically). I guess in the end it just comes down to faith - Do you believe?

berzerker is affliated with melbourne metal music..yes
but does that stop me from having an opinion...NO