The best death metal album you'll hear all year:

Zod, the new Kronos is massive. I got into them thanks to an old metal forum recommendation when I was in college, and love their first two albums. So when I saw they had a new one after taking like an eight year hiatus I was a little skeptical. Nope. They delivered fully with an epic slab of death metal that's technical but not flashy, and heavy in just the right way.

Thanks for the recommendations. I have the Kataklysm and really like it too. Have you checked out the new Keep Of Kalessin or Disarmonia Mundi? The former is kind of a black/death combo and the latter is Melodic Death Metal in the vein of Soilwork. Both are excellent IMO. The new Dew Scented is pretty good too.
I've checked out both in the past, but never got drawn in by either. Are the new records worth giving them a second chance? Or if I've heard them in the past, is it more of the same? Thanks.

Zod, the new Kronos is massive. I got into them thanks to an old metal forum recommendation when I was in college, and love their first two albums. So when I saw they had a new one after taking like an eight year hiatus I was a little skeptical. Nope. They delivered fully with an epic slab of death metal that's technical but not flashy, and heavy in just the right way.
Agreed. They're songwriting chops are among the genre's elite.