Carcass-Heartwork is the best Death Metal album ever

No DM album has ever come close to matching this one on poweful riffs, fast tempos and fine intracacies.

Melodic Death is a sub genre of Death Metal but I wouldn't even classify Heartwork as Melodic Death. The guitars use melodic themes but the music lacks the ingredients which Melodic Death has. The music is also far too technical and intricate to be melodic.

well Grindcore and death metal are very closely linked, many people label grind as death metal

Heartwork to me is simply an above average album, Its overrated! Necrotism kills it, but I dont think even necrotism is the best death metal album ever

I dont think ive heard the best death metal album EVER yet, lol, but for now I'll go with "Human" by Death

Profånity said:
This album is the perfect all round DM album. It mixes speed and melody while still keeping the heavy sound. This album is so well rounded using pure structuralism and 2 guitars which produces excellent intricacies.

Lyrically the album contains the most advanced/most intellectual DM lyrics known. The type of English which puts The Guardian to shame.

Does anyone think there is any Death Metal album better than this one?
Heh!! This was a great thread, with some very, very (in my opinion) bizarre responses (especially the one about how being tolerant and showing acceptance is part of what metal is all about! I could not disagree more.).

However, everyone has missed what I think the most important question of all: What on earth does "pure structuralism" REALLY mean???? And how, exactly, would you translate that into why it is a good thing???

Gory Elephant said:
Heh!! This was a great thread, with some very, very (in my opinion) bizarre responses (especially the one about how being tolerant and showing acceptance is part of what metal is all about! I could not disagree more.).

However, everyone has missed what I think the most important question of all: What on earth does "pure structuralism" REALLY mean???? And how, exactly, would you translate that into why it is a good thing???

I could not agree more!!

Harmony Corruption wasnt exactly brimmed with technicality, but it is easily on par with the overrated Heartwork.

Solos and awesome musicianship do not neccesarily make good music, in Heartwork the solos seem forced, theres about 4 solos in every song, without exeption. They all begin when you expect them to and end when you expect them to. That to me is just dull....

If you wanna hear an album that has solos in all the right places, listen to "Altars of Madness" by morbid angel!

:worship: TREY AZAGTHOTH!!! :worship:

Ageless said:
Profanity, you're such a fat douche.

Now that's off my chest. No, 'Heartwork' is definitely not the best Death Metal album ever. Not by a long shot.

Well whichever album I'd have said was the vbest you'd have disagreed with.

Heartwork is an awsome disk, the best Death Metal album ever ? NO. One of the best melodic death metal albums probably in my top 10. And Profanity you are a fag and should fuck off.

Heartwork is actually one of my favourite DM albums ever, although I don't have a single favourite album there are few I enjoy more.

But is it the best? Hell no. It is very straightforward and unremarkable compared to the best albums from Immolation or The Chasm. Bands like Morbid Angel or Possessed moved the genre forward through blinding innovation. Some, like Gorguts or Demilich twisted and distorted the formula beyond what anyone belived possible. And some just made perfect albums which still managed to be groundbreaking, like Therion or Massacra. Carcass just created a mighty fine death metal album which took their previous album and polished the whole thing up with better technique, musicianship and lyrics. It is very very good, but not the best.

P.S. Metal is about showing acceptance? Give me a break.