What's the best Death Metal album ever?

Deicide -Legion
Maybe sounds of this album aren´t so good as possible, but music strikes really hard!! It´s technical, brutal and it contains best guitar riffs of Deicide ever! Totally masterpiece in death metal genre.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Cryptopsy - None So Vile, Whisper Supremacy
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
Death - Leprosy, Human
Pestilence - Testimony Of The Ancients
Suffocation - Pierced From Within
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
That exact list, with Morbid Angel - Covenant too.

Angrafan said:
Exactly.

Well, I choose Soilwork's Natural Born Chaos, if you consider it to be death metal in any way.

It's not death metal, and it sucks.

Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick

Simply because it's the most powerful, best put together, amazing Death Metal album ever.

Distorted said:
At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul. The production is brilliant, the songs are grabbing and tight. The overall package is just perfect.
It would help if Slaughter of the Soul was a death metal album, not that its a bad album.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Oh my goodness...not this again.

Melodic death bands ARE death metal, whether you like it or not.
Those bands will not become death metal just because some people will call them that (whether you like it or not).

People label melodic death metal bands death metal because the vocals aren't clean. However, the riffage of melodic death metal bands such as Dark Tranquillity or In Flames is not death metal at all. For lack or any other categorization, I would call those bands melodic death, but they key word is melodic. They are not death metal, but melodeath.

No fucking contest, hands down Death's Sound Of Perseverance.

Technical, badass death metal with quality, understandable vocals. Interesting strong structures, orgasmic percussion and some of the most unique death metal solos I've witnessed.