Best Death Metal band

Weird, what do people have against Cryptopsy?
They are a very talented bunch, Eric Langlois, Flo Mounier, Jon Levasseur...
They are my fave dm group, but offcourse, no band can be the best? It just seems that many in here don't like 'em and thats pretty weird IMO.

Anyways:
Cryptopsy
Immolation
Aeon666
Lykathea Aflame
the Necrophagist
Theory in Practice
Cynic
Atheist
Death
Disgorge (Ca.)
Pestilence
Depresy
Too drunk...

oh yeh, Crucifix offcourse (my band :D www.mp3.com/crucifix)

Since everyone is bitching when someone posts a non-'Brutal' Death Metal band, I'll just stick with that...

Death, Morbid Angel, Vader, Behemoth, Entombed, and definitely Vital Remains.

Yeh, early Cannibal Corpse rocks. Or, Cannibal Corpse rocks. :) Tomb Of The Mutilated is very good methinks. I've got all their albums except Eaten Back To Life, and I enjoy all of them. The only album that doesn't "click" with me is Vile, though. Perhaps I should give it some more listens.

snow_like_ash said:
[dying sun] nietzsche nietzsche nietzsche I'M AN ASS! nietzsche nietzsche nietzsche nietzsche [/dying sun]

:lol: so true....hehe, but don't make that a bad reflection on Nietzsche himself.....he was a very intelligent and profound man. =) I very much enjoy his work.

But yeah, I hear what you're saying. =)

SculptedCold said:
:lol: so true....hehe, but don't make that a bad reflection on Nietzsche himself.....he was a very intelligent and profound man. =) I very much enjoy his work.

But yeah, I hear what you're saying. =)
yeah Ive read nietzche, its interesting stuff. It's just all that guy would do was quote philosophers and such to look really smart :p

henrikmain said:
Yeh, early Cannibal Corpse rocks. Or, Cannibal Corpse rocks. :) Tomb Of The Mutilated is very good methinks. I've got all their albums except Eaten Back To Life, and I enjoy all of them. The only album that doesn't "click" with me is Vile, though. Perhaps I should give it some more listens.

Vile is a great album. Its one of my favorites, but lately I prefer "The Bleeding". Cannibal Corpse is definitely the best Death Metal band out there. You could almost say that Cannibal Corpse defines the genre of Death Metal. Surely they are the most typical of the definition "Death Metal", a lot of the other bands mentioned lean towards Black Metal, Doom Metal, or Thrash, but Cannibal Corpse is Death Metal supreme.

The Bleeding is easily my least favourite CC recording!!! The production is awful, Barnes' shrieky vocals are pitiful, and their songwriting is too choppy and dodgy. Vile is also one of my least favourites, though its growing on me more nowadays. My personal faves are pretty much Gallery of Suicide, Tomb of the Mutilated and Bloodthirst....pretty much all on par.

I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I've never heared Death before.That probably makes me a poser or an idiot or something but whatever. Anyway, they must be really kick-ass to get mentioned so many times on this thread so if anyone knows a good place to download some for free, hook me up!