Best Death Metal band

Lotsa newbies here indeed. Death IS overrated, I suspect it is the name of the band that makes some people think it is the best death metal ever. I am not saying it is bad, moreover Chuck was a nice guy. But during the period when he was claiming to create the most brutal and fastest music ever (his own words), Suffocation were already more than just a few steps ahead. Therefore I would have vote for Suffocation as fathers of the brutal and technical death metal genre, but there are bands that play even better stuff nowadays. Just some random names that come to mind: Cryptopsy, Brodequin, Deeds Of Flesh, Disavowed, Virulence, Malignancy, DISGORGE (Californian), Devourment, Sect OF Execration, Dying Fetus, Cinerary. Perhaps even the "clones" of Morbid Angel like Hate Eternal, Internecine, Nile or Immolation.

Naggamanteh said:
Lotsa newbies here indeed. Death IS overrated, I suspect it is the name of the band that makes some people think it is the best death metal ever.
Bullshit. Because you don't think Death is that great that doesn't mean everyone here is a fucking newbie. Don't you think that there is a reason that they are so highly regarded (and don't tell me because all the "newbies" just look at the name, what a load of shit) .... maybe its because they are that good.

Personally, though, I consider Death more of a thrash metal band after Human (Human - Sound are their best albums) but they are my 2nd favorite band so I'll say them....

For straight up death metal though I would say Morbid Angel.

The Chasm (though I only own Conjuration of the Spectral Empire at the moment)

Martyr

Early At the Gates

Death, more specifically Human. I am yet to hear Leprosy, however.

Avgrund said:
Death is overrated.
Cryptopsy - Blasphemy made flesh is NOT nuff said stupid newbies.

Tell me, are you Divine Intent? You're just as retarded.

I'd say Carcass right after they released Heartwork and Fear Factory around Demanufacture.

Them, or Opeth, who aren't really death metal at all, but sound enough like it...

Death were also pretty awesome from Human afterward.