What's the best Death Metal album ever?

Life Sucks said:
I wasn't saying anything bad about Arghoslent. I would buy their CD if I heard the music and liked it. And what other message board have you seen me on?

I think I might have confused you with someone named "no-one" who also posts at Metal-Archives.com.

clangorous said:
Most of the people made it clear its too tough to pick one from a huge list of piercing Death Metal Bands, As for my fav it holds the same, too tough to choose one, i have few
Deicide - Serpents of the light
Death - Almost all albums, the best band ever
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated, etc
Six Feet Under - Warpath
Obituary - The End Complete
and the list goes on................

Just when I thought it couldn't possibly get any worse...

I just was never able to get into Deathcult as much as some of the other albums. I prefer From the Lost Years, Procession to the Infraworld, and Conjuration

Dreamlord said:
I just was never able to get into Deathcult as much as some of the other albums. I prefer From the Lost Years, Procession to the Infraworld, and Conjuration

Procession is a sludgy affair. Very different, I rather dislike it. Oh well.

TSOP is less fun than a monkey with crabs. I find it nearly unlistenable. Atheist owns Death every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

"Human" is pretty good, but "Dreams of the Carrion Kind" by Disincarnate is much better.

Cryptopsy - None So Vile.

Quite simply because it's totally fucking apeshit, and at the time there was nothing quite like it around. It's nowhere near as sick or brutal as some of the stuff i listen to (being a full on goregrinder ;) ) but it still kicks unbelievable amounts of ass. Best DM album of all time imo.

Forgot the reason. >_>

It was an incredibly innovative album at the time it came out. It's easily Carcass' best album as it combines the primitiveness of their earlier material with the melodicity of their later material and adds extra complexity. Easily their most diverse, interesting, consistent album, it remains the best death metal album ever to this day.

Demiurge said:
Atheist owns Death every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Even though I do not agree with you on Elements, I must say that I can only agree with what you said.
Death is pretty decent, I know that some of their albums are good and that some awersome musicians were involved, but well, Atheist is just better in my opinion.

It doesn't have to be old for it to be good.
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage
Suffocation - Pierced from Within