• Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • Viva Emptiness

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • The Great Cold Distance

Votes: 14 12.0%

• Total voters
i voted tonights decision.

i might like viva emptiness best cos of the songs but i dont like the production so much on that one.

tonights decision had the greatest impact on me when it came out, the music, the atmosphere, the cover art, everything.

i have only ever heard BMD,what album of theres sounds similiar to BMD,sick sick album though,the song brave sounds like it is ment to be listend to in the winter:headbang:

I think LFDGD has been their best album although all the other ones come close.

They are all different and very good in their own way.

a Stunnig amount of voters so far...cheers!
I never tought LFDGD would get this many votes.

But no objection! Great albums, all of these. keep up the good work ;)

Actually the lfdgd love is to be expected, but for VE to be doing so well compared to the others is quite a surprise considering it's so underrated by most.

Actually the lfdgd love is to be expected, but for VE to be doing so well compared to the others is quite a surprise considering it's so underrated by most.
True, true.. I think VE is just as great as lfdgd, or almost.

Still.. Brave Murder Day for me.:kickass:

I went with TGCD but it could have been any of the albums really...they all mean something to me and I remember when I first buought all of them when they were intially released. I almost went with Discouraged Ones because that was one of the first albums were a metal band I liked incorporated influences from The Cure, and it was such a shock the first time I heard it, even though I knew the death vocals were gone.

BMD is for me their best. What they accomplish with just guitars, vocals and drums, in basically a sparse arrangement is simply phenominal. TGCD is probably second in that Katatonia contine to write amazing songs to create a brillaint whole. Atmospheres on both of these discs, is incomparable for me.

For me absolutely "Viva Emptiness"! The higher level of deepness and genius of all kata works! Follows "Last Fair Deal Gone Down" + "Discouraged Ones"...