Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • Viva Emptiness

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • The Great Cold Distance

Votes: 14 12.0%

• Total voters
Dunno, or maybe it's 'cause I bought it in winter time on a rainy, misty day with the clouds hangin low
:) Get the same feeling from BMD. Bought it in London on a really foggy day and walked through Kensington Gardens on my way back, put on Day immediately (was the only song I hadn't heard at that point) ... just about the perfect song that day!

VE will probably always be my favourite, but BMD will always take me back to that nearly perfect day.

Call me strange, but I think that LFDGD should be listen in warm, summer day in early mourning when sun just starts to shine or late afternoon when sun comes down but is still visible...don't know why...maybe because of that 'warmy' production...and about Jonas vocals..little off-topic,but..I know he evolved into a better singer with last two albums, but few days ago I have put LFDGD into my player after a longer period and have realised that I miss so much THAT vocal style...I totally forgot that the difference between vocals on LFDGD and for example TGCD is that huge...really...just listen...maybe Jonas sings better now, but back than he had stronger...more 'MAN' voice...now sometimes he sings to pop-ish for my taste...but no complaints, thats great too :rolleyes:

Call me strange, but I think that LFDGD should be listen in warm, summer day in early mourning when sun just starts to shine or late afternoon when sun comes down but is still visible...don't know why...maybe because of that 'warmy' production...and about Jonas vocals..little off-topic,but..I know he evolved into a better singer with last two albums, but few days ago I have put LFDGD into my player after a longer period and have realised that I miss so much THAT vocal style...I totally forgot that the difference between vocals on LFDGD and for example TGCD is that huge...really...just listen...maybe Jonas sings better now, but back than he had stronger...more 'MAN' voice...now sometimes he sings to pop-ish for my taste...but no complaints, thats great too :rolleyes:
You're strange man.

maybe Jonas sings better now, but back than he had stronger...more 'MAN' voice...now sometimes he sings to pop-ish for my taste...but no complaints, thats great too :rolleyes:

i disagree. i think his voice is much stronger, more 'man' now than back in the days of LFDGD. imho, his vocals were much more whiny then.

Hands down Last Fair Deal Gone Down, the first album I heard from them. One of my all time favourite records.

I would've wanted to say Last Fair Deal, since
everything in it is quite perfect.

I went for Discouraged Ones anyway, since it was the first album I listened to quite intensely. It's also said to "make you want to lock yourself up in
a dark room and die" (sited ad verbatim).

I like this for it's utter bleakness and desperation, the lack of hope, and awesomely simple riffs.

It's also said to "make you want to lock yourself up in
a dark room and die" (sited ad verbatim).

Where can I read this?

Anyways I voted for LFDGD...Wayyy too many good songs...Dispossession, Chrome, Teargas, Tonight's Music, Future Of Speech...fuck, the whole cd!!
:headbang:

I would say Brave Murder Day followed by The Great Cold Distance. I recently have been opening up to newer Katatonia so there is a lot to still hear.

i would say LFDGD cause thats the first album i heard, and it started me down the path to where i sit now.

DO is also supurb due to its absolute bleak dead sound, its by far the saddest sounding album ive ever heard.

TGCD has an awsome "cold" feel/vibe to it which i love.

VE/TD are just remarkable albums in their own right, no particular traits that stand out to me.

also i feel LFDGD has the saddest lyrics of the bunch.

and of course i love DODS and BMD as well.

LFDGD for me sounds way sadder than anything they've done. The songs are also the best written yet, and overall by far the best cd under their belt. I just like viva so much that it's a tuff call on that one. Definitely the two standouts.

Really man? For me it's clearly DO, I mean, just listen to "Gone", it's utter suicidal despair, nothing on LFDGD comes close in terms of sadness and despair.

DO is a kinda downer record but it doesn't have the tonal lush or atmospheric nature to capture such an emotion for me. LFDGD however has a plenty.