The best "newer" singers (excluding the legends)

i think his tone and sound of his voice is pretty unique for sure, so thats one reason.
i also think hes one of the singers with a faster capability...like the guy from lost horizon, they can both sing really fast.

idk i think he has more range than that, hes been developing. this latest album impressed me alot, with his vocals at least. much more range than im used to hearing...but i also judge by his writing and stage presence too. seen him live twice and hes very commanding and entertaining...and his vocal lines are getting better and better, and more catchy...for me anyways.

i put that together, and in my head, the world killer popped in. lol

I'm glad that some people mentioned Rettke(Heavens Gate-one of the most underestimated bands ever)but topic says "newer" singers so I'll add just Daniel Heiman(Lost Horizon).

Some of my faves...... some mentioned already and some not......

Urban Breed - Bloodbound, Pyramaze ex-Tad Morose. To me.... Urban is the best metal vocalist out there right now.

Arno Menses - ex-Sieges Even (One that Carnut could not remember the name of)

[SIZE=-1]Michael Eriksen - CIrcus Maximus. These guys go off too deep in progland for my taste (and I like some prog metal) but this singer's voice has been freaking touched by God !!

Dirk Thurich - ex-Angel Dust. Angel Dust never had an identity because each release sounded very different and he could pull off different styles of metal with ease. Very underrated vocalist.

[/SIZE]Andy B. Franck - Brainstorm, Symphorce, ex-Ivanhoe. Took me a while to "get" this guys vocals, but he is a monster.

Luke Bell - Panic Cell. our very own Baldyboy makes my list. Much like Andy, I first had to get into him, but Baldy has a great earthy voice.

Andy Kuntz - Vanden Plas. This guy is great, but polarizing. He is one of those guys that you like or don't. I think he is one of the top ten vocalists in metal right now easily.

Chitral Somapala (Chity Lanka) - Ex-Avalon, ex-Firewind. Poor Chity can't stay in a band. I know he has some alcohol issues. It is too bad, because his voice is out of this world. In fact, maybe only behind Urban in my ears. I know someone else mentioned him. Good taste my friend.

Nils K. Rue - Pagan's Mind. This was another vocalist that Gert couldn't think of the name of. On disc, they add effects to his voice and it sounds fine. However, Nils may be one of the few singers that sounds better live than on disc. He is truly an elite vocalist and seeing a Pagan's Mind show (if you can keep your eyes off of guitar God JOrn Viggo Lofstad long enough) is an amazing adventure.

I could go on and name some more, but I am tired of writing on this post. :p

Bryant

I'm allergic to Therion, there are lines I don't cross :lol:

:lol: I like that! I'm allergic to them too :D

Andre Matos (Viper, Angra, Shaman, solo)
Dirk Thurisch (Angel Dust, Mercury Tide)
Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian, I know people hate him, but I love his harmonies)

Agreed 100%. And I'm sorry, but I have to add Kotipelto and Deris (of course) to my list :D

Agreed 100%. And I'm sorry, but I have to add Kotipelto and Deris (of course) to my list :D

Deris is very good specially in the albums between "Master Of The Rings" and "The Dark Ride", he not only sings nicely with a good range, but also composes several of the best Helloween songs of that era. Sadly I feel that after TDR he has lost a lot of his magic as composer, but his voice still is in shape.
He's also good live, I was like 3 meters from him when the play here and you can see he's a good frontman too.
I know most Helloween die-hard fans prefer Kiske (or even Hansen) over Deris, but IMO he's the most technical of them all.

^
I also like Mats Levens as well Wyv. Don't forget his recent and interesting work with Amaseffer.

shout outs...to name a few...

Nils K. Rue
Lance King
Matt Barlow
Oddlief Stanslend
Urban Breed
Daniel Heiman
Iuri Sanson

Deris is very good specially in the albums between "Master Of The Rings" and "The Dark Ride", he not only sings nicely with a good range, but also composes several of the best Helloween songs of that era. Sadly I feel that after TDR he has lost a lot of his magic as composer, but his voice still is in shape.
He's also good live, I was like 3 meters from him when the play here and you can see he's a good frontman too.
I know most Helloween die-hard fans prefer Kiske (or even Hansen) over Deris, but IMO he's the most technical of them all.

Oh yeah, definitely a great frontman. I was in the front row for their show here, he was absolutely amazing, and did a great job on songs like March of Time and A Tale That Wasn't Right. I also love the way he sings Dr. Stein.

I agree he's the most technical of the three. Kai pours his soul out on every song, but he's definitely not the best singer. Kiske is wonderful but not as versatile as Deris.

And I forgot to mention John Bush!

Great list there. I really am no Barlow fan, but the others are very good. I forgot to mention Lance. I have seen him live maybe four or five times. I feel he was at his best with Balance of Power. Terrific singer and a very nice guy as well.

Bryant

^
I also like Mats Levens as well Wyv. Don't forget his recent and interesting work with Amaseffer.

shout outs...to name a few...

Nils K. Rue
Lance King
Matt Barlow
Oddlief Stanslend
Urban Breed
Daniel Heiman
Iuri Sanson

Kahn~Kamelot
Jon Oliva
Fabio~Rhapsody
Tobias~Edguy
Tarja~Nightwish (can we add female?)
Timo~Stratovarius

There's about 50 more I could add...:lol:

dguy

Tarja~Nightwish (can we add female?)

Yes we can, I already mentioned three in my previous posts. As for Tarja, well she's not as good as on the beginning of Nightwish, but at that time she shone like no one else.

And I forgot to mention John Bush!

John sung in Helloween?
loco.gif

I was listening to "Raising Fear" yesterday and I do hope Armored Saint put a new album soon, the band is so damn good. I wouldn't have mention his name because the thread it's about new singers, and I consider him already a legend, but always a cool call.

Hmm... is Quorthon considered a legend? I know I do but I'm not sure about other people. He's dead already so that can't be considered "New" though...

Jari Mäenpää
Petri Lindroos
Abbath Doom Occulta
Hansi Kursch
Dan Swanö
Ihsahn
Kai Hansen

I 'll post only really new singers.

Jesse White (Antiquus)
Nils Patrik Johansson (Astral Doors, Lion's Share etc.)
Sean Peck (Cage)
David Taylor (Jacobs Dream)
Chaz Bond (Jacobs Dream)
Michael Grant (Crescent Shield, Cypher Seer, ex-Onward)
Daniel Heiman (Lost Horizon)
George Call (Aska, Omen)
Iuri Sanson (Hibria)
Nikolas Leptos (Arryan Path, Diphtheria)
Marta Gabriel (Crystal Viper)
Vasilis Georgiou (Innosense)

I saw him live with Omen at last year's Up the Hammers Festival and the old songs sounded pretty good with his voice.

edit: you can also listen to this video sample from last year's KIT:

Last edited by a moderator: