The best "newer" singers (excluding the legends)

Agreed 100%. And I'm sorry, but I have to add Kotipelto and Deris (of course) to my list :D

Yeah, I forget Deris too. Fantastic singer - especially on the first 3 PC69 discs. (I'm since a convert, I FREAKIN LOVE those 3 discs, although they're not quite as good as electrified).

Oh and I think I forgot David Readman. Killer voice.

I was listening to "Raising Fear" yesterday and I do hope Armored Saint put a new album soon, the band is so damn good. I wouldn't have mention his name because the thread it's about new singers, and I consider him already a legend, but always a cool call.

They are going to release a new one this year :kickass:

Yeah, I forget Deris too. Fantastic singer - especially on the first 3 PC69 discs. (I'm since a convert, I FREAKIN LOVE those 3 discs, although they're not quite as good as electrified).

Oh and I think I forgot David Readman. Killer voice.

Oh yea I love those three albums as well, really good straight forward hard rock with great singing.

Readman is awesome too!

I cannot accept Bush, Deris and Kotipelto as new singers! Their first studio efforts came at least 15 years ago!

But I have seen posts for Carl Albert, who died almost 15 years ago, so...

I cannot accept Bush, Deris and Kotipelto as new singers! Their first studio efforts came at least 15 years ago!

Well then we can argue the same about George Call, he has been the voice of Aska since 1994 at least.
I said it before regarding Bush that he's too classic already, but I guess the Deris and Kotipelto too.

But I'm with you that we should restrict the choices to people in the last 5 years maybe. I guess is a bit difficult for some people, when it comes to singers there's always a bias.

I am sure that it will be difficult. :D

For those who are curious about some names of my list, I post some samples of their work.

Nikolas Leptos (Arryan Path - Cyprus)

Vasilis Georgiou (Innosense - Greece)

You can listen to this extremely talented prog/power band and singer at myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/innosensetheband

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive band Arryan Path. I bought the album a few years ago recommended by a greek friend from Eat Metal Records and it´s brilliant. Epic metal at its best.

In epic terms I love Vanni Ceni from WOTAN. "Carmina barbarica" is one of the best debuts I´ve heard in the last few years. Unfortunately, second album, "Epos", es Ok but far from "Carmina barbarica".