Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Angel Dust

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Album of the Year

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
I kind of fell out of the FNM loop after Angel Dust, which remains my fave FNM album. Epic is fantastic, of course, but Angel Dust just had so much character, and Patton really came into his own with it, his personality shows through not only via the lyrics, but also the music - seems he rubbed off on the boys just a little :)

I reckon King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime. Before I heard that album I was just listening to Metallica, Nirvana, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath and not really looking to expand my tastes. Then I rented it from my local library, and was blown away. This was the album that inspired me to diversify and start looking for more 'alternative' bands. Patton's vocals were staggering, the guitar riffs were brilliant, and 'The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies' is my favourite song of all time.

It has been faaar tooo looong since I last played this album! Blows the dust off the cover and pushes play....ahhhhh thanks!
'The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies' awwww, 'Don't look at me-I'm ugly in the morning' he he he (Opeth, Opeth, Opeth!) argghhh...

I listened to Fool... yesterday for the first time in aeons and... I really don't like it :cry: I still much prefer Angel Dust... :)

Angel dust.

K4AD is annoying, because there are sparse keyboards, and Patton is screaming for most of the album. I liked his rap/melodic/deep voice/whine/freaky vocals on Real Thing and angel Dust better.

BTW, Introduce Yourself was an excellent album.

Introduce Yourself is a HORRIBLE album. I've had it for years and I can't even last through one song due to Chuck Mosely's horrible voice. Me and my friends have had a long running joke that he is the worst vocalist of all time. "Man, this guy is annoying as FUCK!" "At least he isn't Chuck Mosely..." and so on.

Out of the Patton era, King for a Day is the best. Angel Dust is slightly more consistent in flow, but it has one of the worst Patton-era FNM songs in A Small Victory and KFAD has by far the best FNM songs in The Gentle Art of Making Enemies, Cuckoo for Caca, King for a Day, and Just a Man (well, Angel Dust has Jizzlobber and Malpractice which are just as good and The Real Thing has Zombie Eaters...). KFAD is pretty much the only FNM album I still listen to on a regular basis, it is their album that has aged the best and it has so many fantastic songs...

Angel Dust without a doubt! That album broke more new ground than anything else of it's time. The production was stellar and the songwriting was unreal. It was one of the last REALLY original things to come out. I don't think there's been an album that's touched it as far as originality goes in the past 5 years. Excluding the Tomahawk releases of course.

I really don't care for any of the Patton stuff. However, contrary to the opinion of many, I think We Care Alot and Introduce Yourself are great albums. I love Chuck Mosely. Saw him sing with Bad Brains once, amazing show...

Introduce Yourself the song is a great song. It's so short, and so full of energy.

Angel Dust is slightly more consistent in flow, but it has one of the worst Patton-era FNM songs in A Small Victory and KFAD has by far the best FNM songs in The Gentle Art of Making Enemies, Cuckoo for Caca, King for a Day, and Just a Man (well, Angel Dust has Jizzlobber and Malpractice which are just as good and The Real Thing has Zombie Eaters...).
A Small Victory is my favorite FNM song, so back off, man.