The Big Four

Coroner IS insanely good, but I'm not sure if they should be part of this "big 4".

Pretty sure it's set in stone that the big four are Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax. There are better thrash bands though...

Among the Living would be their shittiest album if they didn't follow it up with an uninspired v2. Groove metal, sans the thick production and aggressive performance required for it to work. Hideous album.

Spreading the Disease and Persistence of Time are easily the best. Fistful of Metal is fun if you come in expecting a Manowar record with some Kill 'Em All clonery instead of an actual thrash album, and the first Bush album is a fairly enjoyable mainstream-90's-metal-with-some-thrash-illusions if one enjoys such things. Otherwise, the band can fuck themselves.

So basically, you like 50% of Anthrax's recordings?

So basically, you like 50% of Anthrax's recordings?

I gain pleasure from listening to two. The others function best as background filler music to take time while I'm trying to think of something better to listen to, i.e. they're average albums that get the job done alright. None of them are significantly above average.

Brothers of thrash!
Let us sing the praises of Testament! Forsooth, "Formation of Damnation" be'ith a masterpiece of unholy metallic mayhem which alone provide'th entrance into the coven of'eth thine "Big Four"!

Hail Testament!

This post now concludeth!

Maybe Metallica is one of favorite bands but for me is a band that split in 1989 so...the Big Four : Slayer, Destruction, TestAmenT, Sodom.

The big four were/are dubbed "The Big Four" because they were the biggest and most popular bands in thrash at the peak of the genre's popularity (1985-1990). Feeling bad because other more underground bands or bands that came slightly later weren't/aren't included is just fucking stupid.

I've never been impressed with anything Anthrax has made and only marginally impressed with Testament's work. Metallica and Megadeth touring together is interesting solely for the shit between the two of them.

another shit tour that's merely just a cash grab