The Bitching Thread

only other american city that compares to its sprawl is maybe Chicago.

i think chicago is worse. i was only there for a little while but since everything is so flat you feel like it's the only thing in the entire world. at least with LA you can pretend that there's something behind the mountains beside more sprawl

also, i'm really sick of living in my grandma's house and not having a bed. it's only for a few more weeks, though.

Mormagil said:
i think chicago is worse.
That's how it looks from above too. I once flew from Nashville to Chicago at night. The plane goes to cruising altitude for like 3 minutes then drops altitude in preparation for landing and you can see city lights. At first I thought they were just some random city like Springfield or whatever but the lights never ended, just kept getting closer until we landed. This went on for like 30 minutes. So, at what? 200 mph? for 30 minutes? Do the math. I don't ever want to go to Chicago again.

dorian gray said:
Honestly, I fear having to go to the hospital. My colleagues in dialysis are fucking morons. They amaze me with the stuff they do. The people I worked with in the ICU are almost equally as stupid.
Nurses are stupid people, folks. And until nursing education changes and/or there is no longer a shortage of nurses, it will continue to attract people who drive bread trucks for a living. Not that I'm cracking on bread truck drivers - everyone has to have a job - I'm just saying it's not a good idea, from what I've observed.

Sounds like a bit of self loathing there Dorian, you having your bread truck nightmares again?