The Black Sessions

bleedingfilth

Lost Pet Needs Home
Jun 24, 2002
www.fadetoblack.com
I just recently got my copy of "The Black Sessions", and it made me think, Are there any songs that didn't make it on the 2 disks that you would have liked?

It's been about 2 years since I've posted at any of the fourms here at UM, but I used to frequent this board everyday for awhile. I see a lot of new faces! :headbang:

I'm with you both on Will I Arrive and Clean Today.. probably a Darkness Coming and Burn the Remembrance as well... although B the R is on the DVDizzle

i would include:

Strained, In Death A Song, Will I Arrive, Burn The Rememberance, Walking By A Wire, Complicity

instead of:

Nightmares By The Sea, Black Session, Chrome, Passing Bird, Disposession, Sleeper

...this thread is pointless, the compilation is released. its all about compromises my friends, we all have different taste and choices, but the songs that went on here are for a fact either the most cherised or they are covers or b-sides, some maybe are in there for the variation of a flowing tracklist as well. so think about it, as these posts increase, its clear that if we would have to please everyone, ALL songs on ALL albums would then have to land on the compilation, if u know how to fit that on there, give us a call... hah!

btw, 'saw you drown' was included on the old era compilation... we didnt wanna have it on both, but rather use a different song in its place on the new...

btw again, if 'black session', the song itself wouldnt have been on there, wouldn't the title of the whole thing been kinda hollow?

have a discussion about the art instead... how fukkin nice isnt this shit!?!?

Oh yes!! the artwork is beutiful. I love the picture of the city, its filthy lookin, looks like such a horrible place! And the picture on the back, the (scarecrow), I havnt completely figure that one out yet, can anyone help me with that??

Blakkheim said:
btw again, if 'black session', the song itself wouldnt have been on there, wouldn't the title of the whole thing been kinda hollow?

I agree...

and yea, I agree that the artwork is great. I really like how the CDs are included in individual slipcases. I had been looking forward to this comp. for a loooooooong time. Glad it finally came along.

I just picked up my copy of Black Sessions today(just came out today in the US), and I am a little disappointed. Inside my box were the two compilation discs, which are of course great, and two copies of the same DVD...........with no lyric sheet or anything. Just those four items(two of which were identical) were all I received. Is this a problem with Peaceville, or is my case simply isolated? I was really hoping to see all the new artwork as well as lyrics for Wait Outside.
I really shouldn't be surprised as the fist of God is always in my ass.

The Scourge said:
I just picked up my copy of Black Sessions today(just came out today in the US), and I am a little disappointed. Inside my box were the two compilation discs, which are of course great, and two copies of the same DVD...........with no lyric sheet or anything. Just those four items(two of which were identical) were all I received. Is this a problem with Peaceville, or is my case simply isolated? I was really hoping to see all the new artwork as well as lyrics for Wait Outside.

This sounds an isolated problem unfortunately, best take it back to where you got it from and exchange it for a new one or something.

The Scourge said:

I remember someone in a different thread said they got two disc ones and no disc two. Someone should get fired for that one :D