The body mod Thread

so what do you think of this. to sleeve my right arm (the one with the thors hammer) i add the broken cross idea from enslaved, and then below it i have a depiction of lindisfarne, and then to finish it off, the griping beast knotwork from the oseberg ship?

osloosebergshipdetail3.jpg

osloosebergshipdetail.jpg

vikings_lindisfarne_sm.gif

and another question. what images come to mind when you think about travelling, nomads, etc.?
~gR~

I think it would be a great idea; I personally wouldn't get a band name tattood on me though unless the music held a deep place in my being though.

Make sure you find a good artist though, not many can do knotwork of any kind...

not the band name. but on one of their shirts they have mjolnir breaking a cross. since i already have the hammer, i think the broken cross would be a cool addition, and it goes with the lindisfarne theme.
~gR~

*bump*

so, still refining my viking sleeve idea, also have a couple more ideas for my torso. but for the immediate future, i'm going to start my left sleeve, which should be a bit cheaper to do. my left arm currently has the bass clef on it. what i want to do is add the logos from all the bands ive had over the years (though two still need drawn logos). to fill the blank space i want wind, which will ultimately be a trend throughout my body.

but there is a question:

do you think its a good idea to get the wind all the way down to my elbow and add band logos over the wind as i join more bands? it might be nice to have the wind form around the logos. but on the other hand, placing logos over top might make it look like the logos are caught in the wind. also, any space in the letters might have wind going through it, which may or may not look good.

so, thoughts on the wind issue? i guess i'm just eager to get as much as i can done.

edit: also, the two bands with no logos were from a summer band program i did for 2 years. in 8 weeks to form a band, write 3 songs, and play a show at the end of the program. while it was only 8 weeks each year, those bands were very important to me, and solidified my desire to keep doing it. so if someone has some free time, and a good hand, pm me. man i feel band for the constant asking of band logos hehes
~gR~

so, do i go to the place run by metalheads and does good work, or the place where i can get badass shading for my kastigation logo.

both have the same price. but i rather liked the reception i got at this second place
~gR~

Guys, i'm planning on getting a (tribal) tattoo on both shoulders and a cross in flames just on the top of my spine, any idea how much does it cost to get a tatt like that?

Piercings: two in the left ear (bottom lobe), and both nipples.

Tattoos: none, probably won't get any..

Scar stuff: none, a little more on the fence about than tattoos, but still unlikely.

I wish there were more male piercings to get that didn't look utterly flaming.

I wonder if there were a bunch of posts deleted in this thread. I seem to recall ranting about how stupid people who get tattoos are or something, and starting a flame mob against me. Might have been in a different thread, though.

I can't believe that fucking picture Susperia posted of a woman giving birth is still in here. What the goddamn hell.