The Butcher Brothers (Stomp producers) Who are they?

Drokk

Scavenger of Human Sorrow
Apr 28, 2005
Peklo
I've always wondered about the producers of Stomp 442, the Butcher Brothers. Who are they? How did the band hook up with them? What else have they done? I think Stomp has a rather distinctive sound. Does anyone know?

i liken it to an interview i once read,it was like who are they,than stated a afact that they did have a rolling stones master tape and that had to count for some credibility

Rozy157 said:
I thought the Stomp Record sounded pretty thin after the White Noise record. Of course, that may be due to the fact that SOWN is a lot better album too.

stomp sounding thin after sown?,are your ears painted on,sown was a weak sound ing album i hate to tell u!

I have been listening to Stomp a lot latley. The hooks on that album are great. They managed to make some very catchy songs on Stomp. I hear one song of that record and I spend the rest of the day at work singing it in my head.

mrthrax said:
stomp sounding thin after sown?,are your ears painted on,sown was a weak sound ing album i hate to tell u!

No way. Turn on Only, Potter's Field, Hy Pro Glo, or This is Not an Exit very LOUD and then come back here and reply again. I thought that record sounded killer.

Stomp fucking slams!!!!! Best record of the bush era. S.O.W.N could of been massive i think...it just doesn't stack up sound wise when you listen to any Anthrax reord to date. The songs were there for sure but it just doesn't kick me in nuts me like their other stuff. Case in point, think about the top metal records of time period. Metallica's "Black" album, Megadeth "Countdown to exiiction"(yeah i can spell) and Pantera "Vuger display of power" all kill sound wise. It sounds thin and imo I think it hurt them sales wise.No bite. I fucking love Stomp though.....whatever:devil:

SOWN, STOMP442, V8, and WCFYA are the reasons why a reunion with Bush is inevitable. V8 is probably the "weakest" if you can call it that. Just not the strongest, yet way better than the shit that was popular on the radio at the time.

mrthrax said:

Both albums just sound very, very different. I might prefer Stomp sound but SOWN sounds good too.

johnnieCzech said:
Both albums just sound very, very different. I might prefer Stomp sound but SOWN sounds good too.
It's amazing the difference producers can make. I never liked Jerden's production on White Noise all that much; Dirt or his Pearl Jam stuff sounds better to me. But I do like how "big" the drums sound in the Only intro.

Drokk said:
It's amazing the difference producers can make. I never liked Jerden's production on White Noise all that much; Dirt or his Pearl Jam stuff sounds better to me. But I do like how "big" the drums sound in the Only intro.

As far as I know, Jerden didn't produce any Pearl Jam record...I might be wrong.

johnnieCzech said:
As far as I know, Jerden didn't produce any Pearl Jam record...I might be wrong.
I thought he produced Ten or Vs, but now that I think about it, that was probably Brendan O'Brien. I think Jerden produced Jane's Addiction's first 2 studio records.

Rozy157 said:
No way. Turn on Only, Potter's Field, Hy Pro Glo, or This is Not an Exit very LOUD and then come back here and reply again. I thought that record sounded killer.

lol u do the same and honestly tell me???

Rozy157 said:

lol u do the same and honestly tell me???