The Chasm - Farseeing The Paranormal Abysm

dill_the_devil

OneMetal.com Music Editor
So, I know a few of you other guys must have this - what do you reckon? I freakin' love the album - I've always kinda liked The Chasm, but never been fully and totally gripped by any of their albums, but this one... Maybe it's the improved production, maybe it's the four and a half years they spent writing and recording it, but man, Farseeing fucking rules.

Did a write-up of it over at OneMetal: http://www.onemetal.com/2009/11/30/the-chasm-farseeing-the-paranormal-abysm/

What do the rest of you reckon? Best The Chasm album yet? Disappointment considering the wait?

yo the link is to the album cover, not the article. may wanna fixeroo

I have gave it a few listens in a distracting environment, so I have not dug too deep into it, but what I gleaned I liked.

D'oh - fixed the link.

Evil? - I think that may be why previous The Chasm albums haven't fully reeled me in - never just sat and listened to them, without trying to do something else while it was on. I made a conscious effort to really give this one several start-to-finish, uninterrupted, concentrated spins, and I'm a confirmed acolyte now. Going to go back to the other albums and give them the same treatment, see what comes of it.

I like the review. Makes me want to go listen to it. Perhaps when I wake up. I have been up since yesterday and sleep calls to me!

Yeah this album rules. Little different than their past stuff, but great non the less. I like it more than The Spell.

Yeah theres an odd dream/trance (the state of mind, not the electro music) like quality to it, much less of the heavy as balls heavy metal of death we've been used to. Not a bad thing, but it does take a few more listens to appreciate fully.

The album sold suprisingly well. If this stuff continues to sell well we will see re-issues of the older stuff soon enough. That was their plan at any rate.

i need to buy all of the albums because i only have "reaching the veil of death" and "deathcult for eternity" and i'm thinking "deathcult" is pretty overrated because every other album i've heard has sounded better, i reckon

so yeah, do some reissues guys