GMD Poll: The Chasm's Discography Ranked

crimsonfloyd

Apr 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Directions: Rank The Chasm's 8 studio albums. Order and number each album 1-8. Ties are OK. Your first place album earns 8 points, your second place album earns 7 points, etc.

Rules:
  • You may rank as few as 5 albums. Lists with less than 5 albums will not be counted.
  • If you list less than 8 albums, the first placed album will still get 8 points, the last placed album will still get 1 point, and the albums in between will have points distributed proportionately. The average points earned for albums that are not listed will not be impacted positively or negatively, so if you don't rank an album, you neither help it or hurt it.
At the end, the albums will be ranked based on their average number of points per vote.

You have until Sunday, December 9th to finalize your list, re-familiarize yourself albums you haven’t heard in awhile, familiarize yourself with albums you haven’t heard at all, lobby for any albums you think are underrated, and lobby against any albums you think are overrated.

And please, no pseudo-Machiavelli shit. Just rank them as you see them.
Procreation of the Inner Temple (1994)
From the Lost Years... (1995)
Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph (1998)
Procession to the Infraworld (2000)
Conjuration of the Spectral Empire (2002)
The Spell of Retribution (2004)
Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm (2009)
A Conscious Creation from the Isolated Domain: Phase 1 (2017)

1) Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm
2) The Spell of Retribution
3) Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
4) Procession to the Infraworld
5) Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
6) From the Lost Years...
7) Procreation of the Inner Temple

The most overrated metal band in terms of overrated metal bands. While I like this band, I don't get the hype and probably never will. People who consider this band the best death metal band in history are knuckle dragging faggots.

The first album is almost unlistenable

1. Procession to the Infraworld
2. Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
3. Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
4. From the Lost Years
5. Procreation of the Inner Temple
6. The Spell of Retribution
7. Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm
8. A Conscious Creation From the Isolated Domain - Phase I

The best metal band in terms of the best metal bands. I get the hype and always have. People who consider this band the best death metal band in history are objectively correct and have extraordinarily high metal IQ.

What a fucking discography. Their least good album is still like a 7.5/10 for me, and nearly all of them have incredibly high peaks. Just need to listen to the newest one and Procreation of the Inner Temple again to finalise my rankings.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
nothing like a chasm thread to stoke dormant forum tensions. time to grab the popcorn.

Not really, he's been triggered ever since I told people offended over the Dan Crenshaw SNL bit to get over it, then McCain's death mockery was brought up and he hasn't been the same since. Most thin-skinned dude I've ever met in my life.

Only a literal spastic would think I give a fuck about in or out crowd. I'd rather listen to Shitfun 100 times in a row than 90% of the stuff either side jizzes over (ie black metal and ho-hum thrash).

On that note though, really loving this second album by The Chasm.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Not really, he's been triggered ever since I told people offended over the Dan Crenshaw SNL bit to get over it, then McCain's death mockery was brought up and he hasn't been the same since. Most thin-skinned dude I've ever met in my life.

Only a literal spastic would think I give a fuck about in or out crowd. I'd rather listen to Shitfun 100 times in a row than 90% of the stuff either side jizzes over (ie black metal and ho-hum thrash).

On that note though, really loving this second album by The Chasm.
Are you under the impression that i ever like you or something? I've always thought you were nothing more than a piece of shit, just deal with it and move on instead of constantly crying about it like a little twat.

Are you under the impression that i ever like you or something? I've always thought you were nothing more than a piece of shit, just deal with it and move on instead of constantly crying about it like a little twat.

I don't give a shit if you like me, you have the personality of an ape with down syndrome. I just notice certain things that change whenever you go on one of your thin-skinned triggered spells, that's all.