1. Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
2. Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
3. Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm
4. Procession to the Infraworld
5. The Spell of Retribution
6. From the Lost Years...
7. Procreation of the Inner Temple
8. A Conscious Creation of whatever...

Top 7 are 4-5 star range. The instrumental album was a shit. Deathcult is one of the greatest death metal albums in existence.

TB I see you haven't experienced the best that Aboriginal culture has brought to our wide, brown land. The Aboriginals are far from the cavemen you're portraying them as brother. Have a listen to this classic.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
1. Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph
3. Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm
4. Procession to the Infraworld
5. From the Lost Years...
6. The Spell of Retribution
7. Procreation of the Inner Temple
8. A Conscious Creation From The Isolated Domain - Phase I

Reaching The Veil of Death would fall somewhere after Farseeing, but I don't think we're doing EPs at all so

A Conscious Creation is something I need to give more time, but my first few listens did nothing for me

Reactions: CiG and Phylactery
1. The Spell of Retribution
2. Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm
3. Procession to the Infraworld
4. Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
5. Deathcult for Eternity (The Triumph)
6. A Conscious Creation from the Isolated Domain - Phase I
7. From the Lost Years...
8. Procreation of the Inner Temple

Definitely a band that got better as it went on. The Spell is underrated as far as their discog goes and it's a shame that Ozz was the only one to rate it highly.

1. Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph
3. Procession to the Infraworld
4. Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm
5. From the Lost Years
6. The Spell of Retribution
7. A Conscious Creation from the Isolated Domain - Phase I
8. Procreation of the Inner Temple

Reactions: Phylactery
The Spell peaks really fucking high, but it’s very bloated by The Chasm’s standards and features some of their least engaging and most forgettable songs. If it was cut down to its highlights, it’d be amazing.

Deathcult’s middle?! Are you insane - A Portal to Nowhere, Possessed by Past Tragedies and Apocalypse are some of the best track on the album.

The weakest tracks on Deathcult for me are actually No Mercy and I Am the Hateful Raven, and they’re both much better than the weaker cuts from The Spell.

I can see the bloated argument for From the Lost Years - it’s their longest album by a good almost 10 minutes and probably the most inaccesible, but I find it to be much less inconsistent than The Spell. There just isn’t the chasm in quality between its best and worst track like with The Spell.

channeling is the weakest on deathcult imo

but yeah, i get why people reject the first two albums as they’re kind of all over the place, but i find it weird when the BM-disliking types prefer their later material to the mid-era stuff. they became more and more like repetitive, ambient soundscape music as they went on. yeah it’s more ‘professional’ with clearer production, but it’s increasingly like someone made a chasm riff simulator and had a computer randomly create a salad out of them, it’s not nearly as much of a focused journey. still great in places of course.

Last edited:
I certainly wouldn’t describe Farseeing as a riff salad, especially not on its stronger tracks (they are still expertly crafted and flow well) and it’s definitley not unfocused either. But I get what you’re saying and think it does apply to some of the weaker cuts from their newer releases. If anything it’s the first two that are riff salady and unfocused in their approach with songs tending to meander. The songs are nowhere near as tight as what they were doing form Deathcult onwards. But I love the atmosphere on those two so I don’t really care.

Last edited: